Friday, December 6, 2019

Simplify ~



 . . . is a word not in my vocabulary.  A glutton for punishment.  My own worst enemy.  I have been knee deep in Christmas boxes all week.  Great progress has been made but still have the BIG tree left to decorate, the 33" antique feather tree and lots of odds and ends.  

I finally found a bit of time to pull a few loops.  Rather mindless hooking which is what I need right now.  


The rug I started in Nola's class in early October has not been touched since class . . . and it was supposed to be a Christmas gift.  I guess I will have to come up with plan B :)


I finished a little cross stitch by Tina Woltman.  Now it needs to be stained and the edges turned under so it can be gifted.


Molly has settled in quite nicely.  She is my shadow.  Here she is getting comfy on some messes that need cleaning up.




She and Ernestine are getting along just fine but we are very cautious with them.  They each have a bit of "pit" pug in them (sorry, pit people . . . I know it's an unfair rap they get) and we are trying to avoid any confrontations.  Yesterday they spent the day together while DSO was in Michigan.


Must get back to work.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I seem to be decorating less and less for Christmas. I do a lot of Fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving so am exhausted by the time I put it all away and get up the energy to start hauling out all the Christmas. LOL I go to my kids for Christmas so don't have the need for a big tree anymore. Put out a pencil tree and two small ones .. love it.

kstehens100 said...

They are cute and adorable pugs!!!

Hugs, Kat

marly said...

Not as much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year so we have less time to decorate and enjoy it. I'm ready to take it down and it's not even done yet!! Was very surprised that only a very few houses we saw to, from, and in Cleveland have decorations. And those (maybe five) were a single door wreath.

Friend's daughter works with the Humane Society here and has a house full of misfits. One is a pittie that was a bait dog. Such a sweet sweet dog, but after what she has been through I don't know if I would trust her. They do completely.

Enjoy your wonderful Christmas collectibles!

JustGail said...

I'm glad Molly and Ernestine are getting along. I have stacks of Christmas decoration boxes sitting in the living room today. Most should go away, not to my taste any more, and no kids at home. I'm thinking of doing more generic winter decoration and not much for Santas or snow people, more greenery and critters. A similar scheme has worked well for Halloween and Thanksgiving - use generic fall items like leaves & acorns, fall fruits and vegetables, and swap out a few jack o'lanterns for turkeys between.

moosecraft said...

Oh my! Luvin that Nola rug! :-)

acorn hollow said...

As I am decorating this year I am filling boxes and bags with things I do not want anymore and moving them out of the house. I need to simplify. I will never be streamline ever every it is just every year I get less and less time to put up my holiday things and then the frustration shows up.
You are enjoying your sweet little dog I am sure they will be best buddies
Cathy

Saundra said...

Both in progress rugs are looking great. I'd love to see that top rug Molly is on opened up. Love that 'Betsy Reed' binding.

Julia said...

I'm glad the two fur kids are getting along and I hope it will continue.

I'm still dragging my feet on tracing my rug but your rugs are looking great.
You are so productive with your decorating. I still haven't even thought about decorating yet. I still have no plans for Christmas.
I've been reading and reading and that's how I've been spending my spare time and I'm loving it. No mess to clean and I can pick up where I left off. lol.

Take care and stay safe.
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

It seems the season is shorter this year with Thanksgiving being at the end of the month. I need to get going on packages and cards, time is going by way too fast. Beautiful rugs and stitchery, it is fun to do different projects to give ourselves a break.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

I love those cute looks on their faces. I always love your Christmas decorating. Your rugs are so pretty. I need to get my shopping down and then I will be able to sew and hook to my hearts content.Have a great week.

Prims By The Water said...

The girls made me smile even with pit issues. Look forward to seeing your feather tree! Janice

Margaret said...

I must say I'm glad Molly was a foster fail for you. :D Love seeing your two pups -- they are so adorable and give me my fill of pug-ness that I need! Sounds like you are busy busy busy! Always love your Christmas decorating!