Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Gotta Love Texting ~



Last Saturday was the Christmas open house at Seville Antiques in Seville, Ohio.  This is a wonderful shop with true antiques ~ something of a rarity.  If money was no object, I'd need to buy a bigger house :)


I happened upon this antique coverlet and texted this picture to dear friend Wink, a longtime coverlet collector.  She lives not far from Xenia.


Before I even got these next two pictures sent, she was calling me.  (Thankfully she read the text tout de suite.)  Within a minute, she was the proud owner.  And perfect timing.  DSO and I were meeting her and her beau for lunch on Monday a couple hours away.  Sometime technology is amazing :)



I own many dough bowls and a few smaller trenchers.  On my antique bucket list was a large trencher.  I found many I liked, but wasn't sure where I could use one or what to put in it.  I came across this 36" one and fell in love with the old repairs.



Here it is decked out for the Christmas season.  I am so happy it came home with me.   



Grandson Jake has been playing the cello for several years.  Now a freshman in high school, he is in the orchestra.  Not a great picture, but that is him in the middle at last night's concert.  The boys wear tuxes and the girls long black dresses.  Impressive!!!


My decorating is D.O.N.E.  I am so happy ~ and relieved.  The only thing left is Christmas cards and I hope to get those done in the next day or two.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

A beautiful coverlet indeed! Love your trencher too! Seville is a nice place, but I got burned once when I purchased something that was resin. Did not realize until I got home and saw the piece in the daylight. UGH Janice

Three Sheep Studio said...

Oh that coverlet is a beauty. Your friend must have been thrilled. I can’t believe your grandson is in 9th grade already !
Rose

WoolenSails said...

That is beautiful and wonderful that we can text photos to show others, something they would love.
I am staying away from stores, just toys, lol.
Jake sure is growing up, won't be long before I get to see the boys participating in events.

Debbie

marly said...

That coverlet is fabulous and looks to be in excellent condition. She owes you! And your trencher is great, love those repairs.

acorn hollow said...

I love that bowl! I don't know much about coverlets but that one is pretty. I have a few of those bowl I put old ornaments in them on the table.
I need to do cards too.
Cathy

Julia said...

That's a lovely coverlet and such a lovely centerpiece for your dinner table.
You have every right to be proud of your grandson. He's very handsome in his black tuxedo.
You are finished decorating and I haven't begun yet. I'm just debating if I will bother. I might do just a little decoration. It takes me so long to put everything away and the family is not coming to our house for Christmas this year. It's their turn to host dinner.
Hugs, Julia

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a great find, that beautiful coverlet! Don't you love it when the stars aline! The charger looks perfect filled with Christmas...such a simple yet elegant look for any table. Jake is so tall...he looks good up there all dressed up in his holiday finery.
Robyn

moosecraft said...

Wow! That is one seriously gorgeous coverlet! I bet it looks even nicer in person...Wink is going to cherish it!
Jake and the orchestra look amazing! I hope he keeps at it....music is a precious gift!
Congrats on finishing your decorating....love the centerpiece!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love the coverlet. The trencher looks great with the decorations.

Margaret said...

That coverlet is gorgeous! OMG. I'm a wannabe coverlet collector. lol! I drool over all pictures. Such a good friend you are! Thank goodness for texting indeed! Love your trencher too. The display is beautiful! congrats on finishing all your decorating. Good for you!

woolwoman said...

What an amazing find in the coverlet - are most of them dated like that? it looks to be in great condition from your photos. Glad your friend fell in love with it.
LOVE your bowl all decorated up for Christmas - perfect ! Hope you are having a super holiday season - love the America ship rug and your cute cross stitch! Cheers Mel

Jennie in GA said...

Jake is so cute...and talented! Good for him. Your trencher looks so charming. I am a little envious. You find the best antiques up there. They are much newer and less interesting down here.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Everything was beautiful .What a handsome young man you must be proud.I loved the way you decorated the trencher!
Have a Merry Christmas!