Monday, December 16, 2019

Finally a Bit of Progress~



Christmas is approaching at breakneck speed.  The decorating has been done and I thought by now all the other tasks would be, too, but try as I may, there is still much to do.  The cards have been almost done for days, but still just almost.  Hopefully they will be in tomorrow's mail.  Wrapping hasn't begun.  Good news, though, the boxes have been mailed.

Not much creating has been going on, but I have managed to pull a few loops and am happy that I have passed the half way mark on the hit 'n miss background.  I have many tubs of worms but have I used any of them?  I'm guessing you know the answer to that one.  I wanted to only use the wools that are in the flowers so . . . no worm reduction.


Remember the shoo fly I bought last year that I had on my dining room table?  Now that I purchased the trencher I had to find a new place for it.  It ended up on the blanket chest turned coffee table in the living room.


I also found the perfect Santa to set in him.  Rhonda (a blog reader and Ohio gal who I have met several times) sells on Early Works Mercantile as Simply Quaint.  Santa is just perfect . . . and his reindeer's name is Elmer.  I'm so happy he wasn't already sold.  


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

It all looks wonderful. My cards went in the mail today phew! Winter concert for B tomorrow. Get my hair done Wed and thru bake all my Christmas cookies etc. to take to work Friday as it will be the last day before Christmas for many ( sadly not me) So it is rolling along pretty fast. Try to get time to enjoy.
Cathy

marly said...

FABULOUS rug! I don't send cards. You don't send to someone, but they send to you. Next year you send to them, but they don't send to you because you didn't last year. And on it goes!! Card tag!

WoolenSails said...

They look wonderful in your home and I do love the rocking horse, wish I had room for things like that.

Debbie

Three Sheep Studio said...

Everything looks wonderful, Lauren !
So you have picked my interest - what is a shoo fly ?
Rose

Julia said...

Yes, everything looks great at your house and what is a shoofly? All I know of shoofly is a shoofly pie, lol...
This year I'm so not stressed at all about getting ready for Christmas. It feels good. Instead, I've prepared myself for Christmas.
Stay safe and warm.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Cute Santa and deer. Both of them are from Netty LaCroix's patterns and I've made both myself back in the day. She did a good job and looks nice in the 'shoofly'. Your hooking looks mawvelous as well.

Prims By The Water said...

Rug is looking good! Love your cute new Santa. I did mapquest from my house to Toledo, and it was almost 2 hours away...so no chance you would want to make the trek out to visit our home. Wish you lived closer. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

Your hit or miss looks great. Choosing to use the flower colors was a great choice. Sometimes hit or miss doesn’t work, but this really works nicely. I love all of your little vignettes....you have the touch.