Monday, October 21, 2019

Quieting Down ~


Life is finally quieting down a bit.  I loved everything I was doing, but it would have been nice if it was spread out a little more.  I do have upcoming guild meetings, one more show were I am vending (not a hook in so need to get busy making a few things) and a weekend retreat with Caroline Twigg in November.  Life is good and I am thankful I can spend time on things I love.

Here are more of Janice Johnson's rugs.  The lighting in the room was not very conducive to picture taking.









Janice talking about the above rug . . . but to be honest, I don't remember what she said.  I miss my mind :)


As a gift from the ladies who organized the class, each hooker received a kit to make one of these.  Thank you Judi and Kathy.  So very sweet of you.


I received a kit to hook this.


Another gift from Judi and Kathy was a mini class with Rebekah L. Smith.  Here is the start of my pumpkin.  It is the current "stitching small" and can be found here.


Friday and Saturday was spent hooking at Sauder Village.  This is the only rug I took a picture of.  It is being hooked in a 3 cut and is absolutely stunning!!!  I love the fine cut rugs, but it something I choose not to even try.



Progress on my rug.  Not my usual colors but I've gotten many compliments on it.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


13 comments:

Julia said...

I love that #3 fine cut rug. It's stunningly beautiful but labor-intensive. The other primitive rugs are all beautiful too but as you know, I lean more on the fine cuts probably because that's what I was introduced to first when I learned to hook.

Your rug is going to be beautiful. I'm glad that you are giving yourself so slack for a little while.
With all the classes you took, you must be a pro by now. Have a great week.
Hugs, Julia

Sue Swank said...

I like your rug colors. I just purchased this same pattern at sauder. I laugh each time you are so busy. I can remember you telling me you don't travel much. Seems you just go, and go, and go some more. Have fun!!

Prims By The Water said...

That fine cut rug is AMAZING! The colors you chose are not like others you have done, but do like it. Sometimes getting out of your comfort zone can be a good thing. I tell that to myself lots of times. Janice

Jacqueline said...

I really like your rug. Enjoy the rest of year.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your rug colours work so well together!

acorn hollow said...

love your rug! You have been busy and a really good busy.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Did one #3 of my rotties and NO MORE #3. One day I'd like to do a more neutral rug with earth colors and have been saving inspirational color choices. Will put yours in the file when it is closer to the finsh ~ great job. I admire all of Janice's rugs.

Margaret said...

I love hearing about all you've been doing! Love seeing all the rugs. Your work in progress is gorgeous! As for the rug with the three cut -- I'm always bowled over by such rugs. They are amazing! But I definitely don't think I could even try doing something like that! I can at least dream about trying hooking with wider strips, but not 3. :D Thanks for sharing with us!

woolwoman said...

WHY can't you try a 3 or better yet a 4? you have gone back to stitching some samplers - why not jump on in the deep water and try the 3/4 cut. I'll send you a full kit and if you don't love it you can send it back.(a gift) A Jane Olson pattern called Dowry I think - Sybil color planned it. let me know and I'll send photos. I agree the rug you took a photo of is exquisite. I am so drawn to the fine shading, if you just resign yourself to doing one motif at a time - one leaf, one flower and a little background when hooking in a group. You can do it - you are just used to hooking 1/2 a rug at a weekend retreat. No pressure of course - we all do what we love - my problem is I love it all ! The real dark real wide prims are just not my thing. I do love the colors on your rug, rusty orange yum! Mel

NMK said...

Just beautiful rugs ! When I learned to hook back in the 80's I did 3 cut ….but when I saw the wide primitive cut ….I never went back !!!

WoolenSails said...

Love all the rugs and the shades in them. I do miss having hooked rugs on the floor but all my pets ruined the ones i had, so for now, no hooked rugs. Wonderful gifts and fun to make.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Wow! Lots of beautiful hooking going on! The Gloucester MA rug looks like an antique....love it! Your rug, that fine cut rug and the gifted kit are all fabulous too! Looks like a dreamy place to visit!

Farm Girl said...

I love those rugs. My Mom made those kind of rugs with tiny strips. I think she made three. I like wide cut primitive the best. I love all of those top rugs. I think you have been a busy bee.
I love that you take the time to show us the pictures. It always makes my heart so happy to see them.