Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Another Busy Week ~


Saturday was the Ft. Laurens Rug Hooking Guild's hook in.  I haven't been in quite a few years because of schedule conflicts, but this year it worked out.  Melissa and I were happy to have been asked to vend.  They moved to a new location ~ a wonderful, well lit venue.  Here are some of the rugs displayed. 








What a fun tree of life.


Individual pictures hang on the tree.


I love this idea.  The hooker said she found the box in her aunt's burn pile.  She did not attach the little mat to the box so she can switch it out seasonally.  I have the perfect old drawer to steal this idea.  Now to find the time to hook up a little design :)


I am loving what I am doing, but I will be glad when this week is over so I can finally breathe :)  I started yet another class today with Janice Johnson of Wooly Woolens.  I think I've died and gone to wool heaven.



A few of Janice's rugs.  WOW!  LOVE this first rug.  So much better in person :)  It was near a sunny window and the colors are so washed out.




Day one progress on my rug.  Very different colors for me but I'm  a happy camper :)


The class runs until Thursday and then Friday I am heading to Sauder Village to hook for two days.  WHEW!

Well, they (whoever they are) say that the third time is the charm.  We'll try this one more time . . . drumroll please.  Long time reader, Barb of Village Folk Art is the winner of the little crow mat.  Barb, you have three days to contact me with your snail mail address.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

Julia said...

You are probably the envy of a lot of hookers. I can tell hooking is deep in your blood and you are so busy and always on the move.
Thanks for showing us all the beautiful rugs on display. Have fun at Sauder.
Hugs, Julia

Sweet Sue said...

ty lauren, great pics. especially love your start, wonderful colors! happy national pug day my friend:)

acorn hollow said...

OMG I can not believe how lucky you are to get to so many hooking classes and events! I love the yellow ware bowls one. Wonderful colors!
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful rug show, so many different styles.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

It was nice to finally meet you in person last Saturday at the Hook-in. I love the scissor minder I purchased from your booth. Have fun and play while you can, you know our winter will be here sooner than we want.

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful show. I especially love that first picture of the witch on her broom with the pumpkin and BOO word. Also what an amazing idea for a family tree. Plus that box idea is a great one too! So much talent out their, including yourself. Have fun with Bobbie. Wish I could be with you both as I know you will have such fun! Janice

Unknown said...

Good to have you here at our retreat.❤

NMK said...

So many beautiful rugs !!!! The tree of life was amazing !!! Your rug is looking beautiful , love the colors !

Jennie in GA said...

What a darling way to repurpose that little drawer!! And I absolutely adore what you are doing with that new rug. You surely won’t have a problem finding something to take to Sauder to hook on. Have fun!!!!

Saundra said...

Was attracted to a number of those rugs. That first Halloween rug was cute, the log cabin and tree with family pictures were awesome, of course my heart beat double time with the Magdalena and many more not mentioned yet. Your rug is off to a wonderful start. Would love to have a class with Janice as she has wonderful primitive drab (antique look) wool.

village folk art said...

Oh Lauren, YES, I did get it to you and was told it will be delivered Monday. Wonderful, in time to enjoy and share for Halloween. I will treasure it always. Your work is formidable, in a VERY GOOD way, it is perfection.
Many Thanks for your generosity, Barb

Pat said...

Thanks for the great pictures. The pattern for the witch rug in the first picture can be found in either "Purley Primitive" or Simple Primitive" by Pat Cross. Whoever did that rug did a great job!!

Farm Girl said...

Wow Lauren, you have been so busy!! What fun though. I do hope to be doing stuff like that once we sell this place and don't have to work all of the time. I love all of those rugs in your pictures. Boston is incredible. I love your other class too.
It makes me want to get out my patterns and do some rug patterns. Ron is on the roof so I don't think I will be doing much of that. :) Have a lovely day I love your rug colors on your latest project.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I'm sure so many of us would love to be able to tag along with you on all of your many wonderful trips!!! LOVED seeing all those rugs by Janice Johnson and would so love to be able to visit her!! Several of my rug friends here are really good friends with her and are always sharing wonderful things about her and her wool!! Thanks so much for sharing all the great pictures!!!
Take care, my friend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo