Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Class with Nola Heidbreder ~


My two day class with Nola Heidbreder is over.  What a great class it was.  She is an EXCELLENT teacher who quickly got around the room to get each student started on her rug and then continually made the rounds.  Throughout the day she offered "teaching moments".  Helpful hints, demonstrating how to hook something, showing fun finishes, etc.  I would highly recommend that if you ever get the opportunity to take a class with her, do it.  You will not be disappointed.

Here are some of her rugs she brought to share.












Nola hooked the large version of American Clipper.  


My start on the smaller version.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but the ship is three different browns and a row of red.


Tomorrow and Friday is my class with Caroline Twigg of Eagles' Nest Woolens.  I've had Caroline a couple times and she is lots of fun.  Another rug will be started.  I'd better get busy hooking.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Wow Love it! I have seen her name before but didn't know anything about her.
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

A lot of beautiful rugs and I love how yours is coming out.

Debbie

marly said...

You sure do have a lot going on!

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love all of those rugs. Lots of talent in that room for sure. Yours looks wonderful.
Have a great day!!

Julia said...

Your teacher's rugs are all beautiful. I love that curious cow.
You are doing beautifully on that clipper and you got a lot done. I hope your next hooking class is as much fun.
You are busier than a bee.
Hugs, Julia

Sue Swank said...

Looks like a whole lotta fun!!

Saundra said...

You got quite a lot hooked and looking fantastic. Would like to hook a ship rug one day but so far have been too intimidated to try. Was her sister with her? It is her sister who designs a lot of her rugs. Also like her Magdalena style rug.

NMK said...

Just beautiful rugs !!! Your is looking great too !!!

Farm Girl said...

I love that rug you are working on, and I love that rug of elephants. I can't think of anyway I would rather spend October working on rugs.

Prims By The Water said...

What amazing rugs. I so love that snowman one! Plus the ship and elephant one are nice too! Glad you had fun! Janice

Jennie in GA said...

Amazing rugs!! Thanks for sharing. And you’ve made a good start on yours. You are going to be exhausted by the end of the week, but good exhausted!! And maybe broke....lol.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Such amazing rugs and some of them really made me laugh, like the cow with the very LARGE mouth!!! Too funny!!! So nice to know you are really enjoying this class and glad to hear how much you recommend her!!! Hope you will be all ready for the next class and then perhaps you have some time planned to just CRASH!!!! Take care and enjoy every minute!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your rug is looking gorgeous! I like Nolas rugs too. Don’t hooking classes fly by?

woolwoman said...

I was at a camp one time in Fl where Nola was teaching - I was VERY sorry I didn't take her class. A missed opportunity. Hope you have a great time in Boston. Yep I reading backwards again - Mel