Sunday, September 13, 2026

Blogger, finishes, a start and sweet Ernestine ~

Me thinks Blogger is messing with us!!!  It is not updating most blogs on my sidebar.  I only got two comments on my last post.  I really don't get that many, but generally get at least 6-8.  Are they discouraging people from blogging so we just give up and they shut down the platform?  I hope not but constant issues are discouraging.

I finally finished all my consignment items for the upcoming rug camp in October.  I just want to get the darn box mailed so I don't try to make more items, plus I want to be sure the box arrives in a timely manner.  I recently had a small padded envelope take three and a half months to arrive less than three hundred miles away.  It gives a new meaning to snail mail 😁.  Argh.  This time I think I will ship by UPS in lieu of USPS.

I finished a couple more snowmen on antique coverlet pieces.


Backing was sewn on to a hooked heart.


Antique Hearts adaptation has been bound.

And this is for Saundra.  My witch is finally on linen and begun.

Yesterday a friend of my brother's hosted a car show on his property abutting the Vermilion River.  He has a giant Sasquatch (must be 10' tall) and recently added the bench.  Aren't Ernestine and Sasquatch a hoot?  She was able to walk around off leash.  She normally can't walk very far, but she was walking around like a young pup💖


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Loving your Witch and the colors!!!! I didn't think you'd be joining in. And bet it will be done in record time if it is small like mine.
Kudos on getting Antique Hearts hooked, steamed and bound as well as the consignments. Hope you need Brinks to take the money to the bank for you.

Modrina Neba said...

My dear Lauren, you won't believe it, just today I open this list again and see your two posts at the top, I was happy, I don't know why the posts aren't moving forward, I just go to those who come to me... well, I hope they'll fix this too, otherwise we'll stay in touch anyway :))
Your work is wonderful, are those little cushions, yes sending them takes a very long time.
I wish you and everyone around you a nice start to the week, hugs, Andreja and Ula!

Prims By The Water said...

Your heart in front of the sampler made for an amazing display. Your witch is wishing I had started hooking along with Saundra. Love her. Ernestine and that Bigfoot was a hoot seeing. That bench is awesome too! Dont get me started on Blogger. I have had the same issue. UGH Janice

marly said...

That antique heart is fantastic. I hope you meant 3 1/2 weeks and not months! I would have been frantic. I can't tell by comments if anyone sees mine. Many times only a few. A garden center here has massive bigfoots that are realistically carved. Maybe Ernestine met one before?

Maureen said...

Ernestine and Sasquatch have the same cute smile! Wow you have been busy creating!, Good job on your finishes. I like your style of crafting. The snowman on the left has an expression like he’s got a secret or just threw a snowball at someone. Boy I hope blogger doesn’t shut down. I have always enjoyed it

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha!!! Ernestine and Sasq make for a perfect photo!!! It looks like they both are looking at the same thing offscreen. Wowza on all the progress and finishes. Janice is right - the photo of that heart in front of your antique sampler is AMAZING! Can’t wait to see your witch come to life! (And, woo hoo! Guess whose blog posts have reappeared on my Reading List?? Right after I posted my latest post. Strange…)

NMK said...

I LOVE your heart rug !!! It is Beautiful !!! Ernestine & Sasquatch is a priceless picture !!! So cute ! Love your cute Snowmen too !

Julia said...

Wow, you've been busy and productive. Nice work as usual and I like the way you show off the antique heart leaning against the antique sampler.

I think that the mail would go faster delivered by bus, or maybe by pony express, lol... No kidding, the mail is slow these days.
That picture of Ernestine and the Sasquatch cracks me up. Why don't I see a picture of you and the Sasquatch cuddling?
Take care