Thursday, September 24, 2026

Holy moly!


I am back to cleaning my attic, a task started about a year and a half ago that fell to the wayside.  The things I have found are definitely a trip down memory lane.

Look at this!  It is a lock of my hair from my first real haircut, I'm guessing 1960 😁


I don't ever remember not having this Steiff lion.  I'm sure it was a gift from my dear Auntie Anne because my frugal mom would never have bought it.


Too bad I did not find this patriotic sampler before our Nation's 250th birthday.  It was a stamped piece I did before I discovered counted cross stitch many decades ago.  It will be displayed for our Nation's 251st.


I have sorted through countless swim, bowling, and wrestling plaques and trophies.  I just cannot throw away any that have my boys' names on them.  One day (hopefully in the distant future!), Bill and J will shake their heads and wonder what the heck was mom thinking in saving all of these.

1989.  Those little Speedos crack me up.  Good thing they don't read my blog.  They would not be happy campers swimmers.

Older son Bill was not quite 10.


Younger son J was 8.


And here they were last Thanksgiving.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

No comments: