Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Typical Me ~

In typical "me" fashion, I have put off getting my stuff together for my little getaway with Sue of Vernon Junction.  Leaving tomorrow morning and returning Saturday eve, we are heading to a two day hook in located in  Shipshewana, Indiana.  Shipshewana, in the heart of Indiana Amish country, is purported to have many quilt and antique shops.

I will also be set up to vend.  Those items have been hauled from the basement, but every day essentials and hooking not yet packed.  The hooking items should be easy to gather up since I am working on the background of Shady Spot and just need lots of antique darks. I wear the same clothes all the time, so shouldn't be difficult throwing those in the suitcase.

Busy day!  Hooking guild this morning in to early afternoon and then cooking dinner.  Not a fan of cooking but usually have my son and girlfriend over once a week.  Why did I choose today???  Nothing fancy, but it still takes time 😝

Oh, well, it will all get done.  It always does . . . and if I forget anything, I am sure there will be a store or two where I can find what I need.

So what is a post without a picture?  The caption on Facebook was "Life on Social Media".  So true.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Actually that picture you posted is like me in real life not just social media posts. When you walk in my house it looks all nice and tidy (well, except where I'm hooking) but oh boy the closets and wool room, lol.
I know you and Sue will have fun and hope you sell lots of stuff to pay for all those goddies you're gonna buy.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Have fun in Shipshewana! My SIL was there just a month or so ago for a stitching retreat. She loved it. I don't need to say good luck with vending as I'm sure you'll do well - you have the best stuff. Love the social media meme...so true. Safe travels! ~Robin~

NMK said...

Have a great time & sell all your hand made goodies , so you can buy yourself a special souvenir or two !

Maureen said...

Have safe travels and fun!

Leonora said...

I begrudge stopping to prepare dinner too! I hope you had a fun time away with friends : )