Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Rugs ~

Even though I was going to put Shady Spot aside a couple days ago, I have hooked some more of the background.  I did get the left eye on both horses done, but still am not too happy with them and will leave for the time being.   Now for sure it will be set aside to take to the hook in at the end of the month.  I really love those funky horses!


I started this rug in a class with Cathy Stephan in May of 2023.  Primitive Horse & Birds is an antique adaptation by Jan Cole, the Wool 'n Gardener.  I have only pulled a few (very few!) loops on it since.  I suppose it is finally time to get back to it.  It is VERY large for me (45" x 36") and it is the first time I am hooking in a 10 cut.  I shouldn't hook something so large as I don't have spot to display it.

A couple closer ups . . . 



Sitting on my porch yesterday, I had a very unhappy squirrel.  I think he didn't want me invading his space 😁


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

Both of your hooking projects look great , you choose beautiful colors .
Happy Hooking

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am beginning to believe that these two rugs are going to be two of y very favorites of yours. WOW. The colors and "interest hooking" are just amazing. ~Robin~

Saundra said...

I'd totally forgotten you'd started Primitive Horse and birds. Wonderful colors. Yeah it is sorta big but you are hooking in a #10 cut which means it stretches out and uses up more space so reduces the number of loops it takes to fill the same area with either #8 or #8.5. Uh, if you have no place to put it you can send it to moi, lol.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

these are both FABulous Lauren! ~
your choice of colors is always perfect!

Prims By The Water said...

I just so love the colors of all of these rugs and agree those stinking horses are cute. I had a chipmunk rant and rave at me a few weeks ago. Oh well...he or she finally moved on as I was not leaving. LOL Janice

marly said...

I love Shady Spot and I like the eyes. I think the original antique wallet of this design and the cross stitch chart Two Horses both had prominent eye outlines. It's the charm of the wacky horses.

Maybe squirrel is expressing opinion on the tree removal.

MELODY JACOB said...

The close-ups of your rug look beautiful, and I love hearing about the different stages of your work. Also, the story of the unhappy squirrel is a delightful touch! It’s always amusing to see the personalities of the local wildlife.

By the way, I’ve recently posted a new blog entry about styling jeans and a tank top for date night. I’d be thrilled if you could check it out when you have a moment: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/07/how-to-style-jeans-and-tank-top-for-date-night.html

Trace4J said...

Good Morning..I love those horses too. Is it hard to hook a 10?
Woolie Blessings Trace

WoolenSails said...

That rug is going to be wonderful. Their eyes look a little bugged out, lol. I would just use a slightly darker shade so they stand out without being too bright. I have too many squirrels coming on my porch to steal the bird seed, I have Bean chase them away.

Debbie