Sunday, July 28, 2024

Total Slacker ~

I wasn't sure that I would finish the background on Shady Spot at the Shipshewana hook in, but I sure thought I would get more hooked than I did.  I just wasted a LOT of time doing nothing!!! 

This is where I started . . . 

. . . and now.  (Color is more accurate in the first picture.)


Shipshewana is in the heart of Indiana Amish country.  The population was only 809 in 2020, but what a tourist destination!  Tourism is what makes it thrive.  I saw nothing that wasn't geared towards it.  There are both Amish and Mennonite.  From what Sue, my partner in crime told me, you can pretty much tell who is who by the way they dress.  Mennonites are much more accepting of some of the modern conveniences that we take for granted.  (Sue lives in the heart of Ohio Amish country.)

The grounds of the hotel where we stayed had the most beautiful flowers!







Head on over to Sue's blog post to see pictures of the rug show!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

You did get a lot of background hooked so wasn't a total wash out. And hopefully you did well vending.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ahem...I beg to differ. I think you got a LOT of background hooked...and it's not like it's a simple monochrome background. Give yourself a break girl. Those flowers are amazing! How they grow them that large and without things crowding each other out or getting leggy/straggly is beyond me. Love the corrugated sheep too! ~Robin~

marly said...

Looks like a bubble gum tunia to me! You made some progress on the ponies! What a great great project this is, love this design.

Prims By The Water said...

Those horses crack me up. Love the colors of this one too. When Bob and I use to go down to the Springfield Antique show in your state, many Mennonites would be found shopping the venue too. They do dress in pastel colors, but the married men still have the beards. Janice

moosecraft said...

I think you got quite a bit accomplished....even with all those pesky emails I kept sending you! lol! Looks like the perfect place for a hook-in.... I can almost smell the fresh air!

NMK said...

I Love your rug , the background is beautiful , you did get a lot done ! Sounds like you had a lot of Fun too !!! Hookers are the Best friends !

acorn hollow said...

I love the colors in your rug as always. Very interesting and beautiful Hook in. Glad you did so well with vending
Cathy

Jan Hebert said...

Oh, wow, I think you got a LOT done! And I think any time with friends is time well spent. I love your rug, the colors are great. Those flowers! How beautiful. The colors are amazing and I can't imagine how they keep them blooming like that. Must use lots of fertilizer and lots of consistent watering. Something I never remember to do! Will check out your friend's post, thanks for the link. Jan in MA