Thursday, April 11, 2024

One Plus One ~

Yard work has not yet begun other than having mowed a few times, so I have been spending more time than normal hooking.  Progress has been made on Askew and like I said before, I am getting mighty bored with her, but will soldier on.  I don't need another unfinished project.  I am still using only worms or small bits of wool that are in the worm tubs.  

The other day I was heading to DSO's and needed something small to work on, so decided to start on another mat that will be given away.  I have hooked Mr. Jingles (a pattern by Notforgotten Farm) several times.  It will either be another door prize for my guild hook in or given to the other guild I belong to.  This other guild is collecting small mats that will be donated to a group that will then use the proceeds from the sales for kids' programs.  

I know why I have so many darn worms.  I have cut wool twice for the background on Mr. Jingles and each time there was not enough contrast.  Hopefully this wool will work.  I really should figure how to use a greyscale camera so I could avoid this problem!


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

NMK said...

Love your long runner !!! Looks great ! Mr Jungles looks super cute too ! The wools you have look great , hope they work perfectly for the background.
We had scattered showers today , your little plants are Happy !!! Rain tomorrow thru Saturday morning too ...then Sun comes back !!! and warmer temperatures !!!

Saundra said...

Askew is looking mighty kewl, lol. I have a green and red value finder at my side for when I get stuck. The green one is used when there is red in the mix. Good idea for the one plus one, easier to carry.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...love what MD said ^^^^ "Askew is kewl"... And, indeed, it is. I'd have lost interest at about the circle 5. Amazing those are all just worms...the colors all work so perfectly together. I love Mr. Jinlges each and every time you hook it. I really need to think about hooking that sometime. Grey scale camera?? Huh??? ~Robin~

marly said...

Both of these rugs are at the top of my favorites list. We can't mow until the "waters" recede. And with clay soil, it will take a long time.

acorn hollow said...

Go Lauren! Go Lauren! Go Lauren!!! you are a hooking machine.
Cathy

Amanda said...

Don't go to all of the expense of a camera for grayscale. Go to an art supply store or web site and look for Paint By Note Value Specs. They're glasses with red lenses the right shade of red to remove all color. Should run you about $20 - lot less than a camera and much easier to use. I've used red glasses in my paintings for ages to sort out value issues. Great tool!

Prims By The Water said...

...and I still love this snowman pattern.., I think you are making good progress on your other one too. Janice