Friday, April 26, 2024

Hooking Detour ~

As previously stated, I had hoped to have Askew finished before running away from home on Monday.  I didn't see it happening, and the last two days I have worked on my guild's raffle rug, so now I am sure it is not going to happen.  I had said I would hook the background 😁  The rug was hooked in a smaller cut than I like to hook, but knew I could hook most of the background in my favorite 8 1/2 cut.  Here it is when I got it.

Wednesday at guild, the rug was passed to a volunteer who planned to hook the leaves.  The leaves are to be hooked in a dip dyed wool IN A 6 CUT!  That is WAY above my pay grade.  That is one long piece of wool dyed many shades.

Even though the leaves are not done, I decided to take the rug so I could hook the background on the way to Myrtle Beach.  I hooked a holding line around them.  The gold holding line will be removed and replaced with the dip dyed wool.

I wanted to outline the motifs before the "car hooking" which is a good thing because it took way longer than I thought it would.  Now all I have left is the easy peasy background . . . and there is not that much to hook.

I need to get a couple small projects ready to take along because I should have time to work on other things.  Askew is just way too big to work on in the SUV.  Thankfully DSO is very tolerant of wool dust, because anyone who works with wool can attest to the fact there is a lot of it.

Friday chuckle . . . 

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

6 comments:

Saundra said...

You deserve lots of credit for being generous enough with your time to work on a Guild project. Glad I don't belong to a guild, lol. Cartoon was a good chuckle!
Enjoy your time away and don't wait too long to pack your suitcase, you wouldn't want DSO to wait and have a late departure time.

NMK said...

Have a Great time !!!

Julia said...

You did a beautiful job on that raffle rug. I just love those colors. You are always generous with your gifts.

I don't think that I could hook in the car. I'd have my eyes on the road. Even when I'm at the wheel, I'm a back seat driver. lol...Have a lovely time at your guild meeting.
Hugs,
Julia

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Lauren,
As always your rugs are just perfect. I wish I could hook or sew in the car. I just can't. I hope you have a lovely time.
I loved that cartoon. So very true.
I hope to be back soon. I have wrote this comment and nothing is getting chewed up. So Polly is getting better.
Have a fun time.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That rug is so fun! And I can't think of anyone more perfect to do the background. Like others, I don't think I could hook (and know I definitely COULD NOT stitch) in a vehicle. But no need to worry there as I never go anywhere and if I do, I am driving myself. Have the best of time on your "run away!). ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Hopefully we will e able to see the laves finished. A cute Fall rug. You do awesome backgrounds so I know it will be perfect. Since I am the driver now with Bob's vision problem, no stitching for me on any car trip in the future. I use to though. Janice