Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Meet the Granddogs ~

My son's girlfriend got Zeke almost two years ago.  He is a pomsky.  What, pray tell, is a pomsky?  A pomeranian/husky mix 😁  So I wondered how that could be possible.  Well, it involves artificial insemination . . . lol.  Zeke looks so much like a husky, but in miniature.  He is not as big as he looks, is all legs and weighs a whopping 15#.

After my son's other dog, Kali, got her wings in early February, he was thinking about another dog.  But let me tell you I was totally floored when he said the birthday cash I gave him went for a puppy.  (I thought it was going towards a motorcycle trailer.)  Meet Zala.  She is just too stinkin' cute.  Another pomsky who is actually related to Zeke.  Her coat is considered merle.  Son said that he was looking up female names beginning with a Z, and found Zala which is Slovenian for beautiful.  My mom was 100% Slovenian, so I know she is smiling down on that puppy.  Yes, her eyes really are that blue.

Zala is all puppy for sure and tortures the heck out of Zeke.  I guess that is payback for how Zeke tormented Kali.

My son has a water problem in his back yard due to water runoff from the school yard that abuts his property.  Zeke and Zala are just like kids who cannot stay out of a puddle.  

Can you say bath time?

Now as you know I am a huge advocate of rescue and purchasing a "designer dog" is something I would never do, but I can't control what others do.  When I was growing up, designer dogs were know as mutts!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

marly said...

Both are beautiful but oh my, Zala looks like she can hypnotize with those eyes. Regarding Z names, I found that Zsa Zsa is a given name and means Lily, a short version of the Hungarian equivalent to Susanna. I thought she made it up!

Saundra said...

They are both beautiful pups. And am sure a handful as seen by the bath time proof.

acorn hollow said...

Very sweet but wow with the crazy breeds
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Those two dogs are two of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. Of course Zeke stole my heart immediately because of his similarity to Snowdog...but Zala...wow. Those eyes are mesmerizing! I am certainly glad my son adopted a rescue, but a pup like Zeke or Zala would certainly have been a better choice than a Husky/Shepherd mix LOL. Thanks for sharing your grands...but, yikes, that water! ~Robin~

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

These dogs are adorable! I love to see pups and grown dogs interact’
My hubby keeps prodding me about a dog. My heart is still healing and
I am not feeling the responsibility issues!
Oh gosh that is some serious water pooling. I’m sure the city knows?

NMK said...

What a beautiful dogs ....and those eyes are amazing ! Enjoy your new Grand pups even though they are far away ....

Prims By The Water said...

They are both adorable! A wonderful name too. I know you will love you grand pups to pieces. Janice

Julia said...

Oh my, those are cute mutts indeed. She's such a cute girl even though she got dirty. I can almost hear her say "Dahling" like Zaza Gabor. lol... I burst out laughing when I saw her all dirty but I love Zeke also. He reminds me of Snowdog.

Take care, hugs.
Julia