Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Spinning My Wheels ~

Do you ever feel that way?  I am busy all the time.  I never sit and do nothing.  Sometimes I think I don't know how to relax.  When I retired (6.5 yrs ago!!!) I imagined I would have so much free time.  HA!  Hasn't happened yet.  The list of things I wanted to make in March for the October show . . . well here it is May and only one or two things have been crossed off the list.  (I do think I've complained about this in the past . . . sigh.  Some things never change.)

Anywho . . . here is what has been accomplished recently.

I finished the binding on these two little hooked mats.  Still no label 😖  The color of the pumpkin is pretty good . . . but the clamshells on the bunny rug are not accurate.

Pinkeeps are totally done.  The colors are so washed out.

I bought the large tintype recently because the facial hair reminds me of my younger son.  I don't think he was amused 😁

I am working on putting the backing on my hooked hearts and also hook pouches made from antique coverlets and paisley.

Last week DSO and I went to the Apple store for an iPhone photography class.  I wanted to learn how to get better color when photographing my rugs and such.  Sadly, no real answer.  A suggestion was to build a lightbox.  Not what I want to do.

Enough whining for today.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

 

9 comments:

Julia said...

Stop knocking down your production, you got a lot done for a retired person...
Maybe you're just over-ambitious. lol...
Like you, I don't feel productive lately but I try not to stress about it, as I'm realizing that I'm getting older at the same rate as time goes by and the months are zipping by at lightning speed. It seems that I have to turn those calendar pages all too often.

I love your pumpkin mat and how you finished the edges. That tintype photo sure resembles your son. It may be a distant relative. lol...

Yep, I read the sign like you said. We are indeed friends.
Hugs,
Julia

Saundra said...

Hey, welcome to retirement. At least you have time to decide how to enjoy your time NOT working. That's what makes time go fast, the fun time. Work mad time go by sooo sloow.

Sue Swank said...

I just figured my $20 hooker friend joined a new group. So funny.
You'll get most of your stuff done, sooner or later. You always do.

JustGail said...

I retired in fall 2019. I thought by now I'd have gone through the boxes in the basement, decluttered the whole house, the antique sewing machines fixed up, lots of quilts and needlework projects finished, learned to knit for real, etc. Not a single of one those has happened. Far too much time reading about what others are doing, and too many "that can wait for tomorrow" thoughts, and in summer far too much time battling weeds!
Thanks for the giggle this morning - I read it "wrong" at first too!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Do I ever feel like I'm spinning my wheels? Better question would be do I ever not feel that way. Like you, I am not a still sitter - yet I completely amaze myself at what little can get accomplished after a day of never sitting down. Your mats are absolutely wonderful. I am going to have to do a forced finishing spell soon. I have little stitches that need ffo'ing and now 3 rugs/mats to bind (not including the Beast). And all those other projects...yikes, they just pile up. And, yup...we're already friends. ~Robin~

NMK said...

There just aren't enough hours in the day !!!! Retirement is Fun , because you can just enjoy a day Putzing around !!! And if a friend calls & say Hay , Wanna Go ??? Yes Yes !!!
House cleaning can wait & wait too , until company comes , then throw all those piles into a room no one can enter !
And Yes , we are already friends !!!
All of a sudden you will have Lots of pretty things to sell too !!!

acorn hollow said...

Ok I did read it as whore members and had to go back and read what it really was lol.
Oh I spin my wheels a lot but I am still working I think everyday of all the things I will accomplish soon and then husband laughs and laughs lol.
I love your pieces the pin keeps are darling
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Loving your finishes! Funny about the tin type. I can see your sons expression from here. LOL
Spinning wheels. I have yet to start any Halloween items, nor have I finished my Americana items for the store. UGH Janice

Unknown said...

I love pugs so much and I love this blog that you wrote it probably took a long time to make so I am glad that you put your time into this to write this. My teacher gave me an assignment to read a lot in May and get a prize, One of the assignments was to read a blog and respond. So I am happy you wrote this for everyone to see.