Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Miscellaneous Finishes ~

I finished putting the backs on my hooked hearts.  They can either be used as bowl fillers or tucked in to an old bed spring.

Funny story.  Last night I got the hearts out so I could take pictures this morning.  I could not find the large hearts.  I spent at least a half hour looking for them on my main living level, upstairs, basement . . . where is the he** could I have put them?  I got up this morning and looked some more.  No luck.  Finally later in the morning while showering, it finally dawned on me.  They were in the freezer.  WTH you ask?  I stuff my hearts with bits of wool.  Last week at guild there were some pieces of wool being given away.  Some of the pieces looked like they had been around for a while, and I always worry about moth eggs in old wool, so a solution is to put the wool in the freezer for a number of days to kill any eggs that may have been laid.  I had stuffed the hearts . . . so put the hooked hearts in the freezer.  DUH 😲

I also finished some hook pouches.  The paisley one are partly machine sewn but the ones from antique coverlets are completely hand sewn.  I am so glad to have those done!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

You do such beautiful work and will be recognized resulting in good sales I'm sure. So when is the event or events? Are you getting closer to 'less stress more play' time?

marly said...

Gettin 'r done. Nice work!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sounds like something I would have done...except I would not have remembered they were in there as quickly. Both the hearts and the pouches are beautiful....but pretty please, sell me that first paisley one. I LOVE it. (And don't you DARE just send it to me...) (Yes, I will understand if you don't want to sell stuff you're making for the show, and will forgive you....eventually. 🤣) ~et~

Prims By The Water said...

I so love those hearts, but those purses are amazing! I also place things in the freezer and actually that sounds like something I would do... forget where I put them. Janice

Julia said...

I've been known to put food in the freezer and forget that I put it in there. That's what happens to old women, lol... I hope your big heart has warmed up. lol...

I love how you display your hearts on bed sprigs and your little purses are the cat's meow.

I hope that you have the time to get a little bit of sun. Such a beautiful month of May.
Hugs,
Julia

Sue Swank said...

Looking good. I love the coverlet pouch I got from you. I use it to hold all my rug hooking tools.

NMK said...

Love your hearts ,those little pouches are just Beautiful !!!!
When I put things away before company comes , it can take me a week to find things again !

Merry Wind Farm said...

Your pouches are wonderful! I am so fortunate to have one. Is the orange paisley one still the paisley that I gave you years ago? Melinda

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’m so fortunate to have one of your hearts! Your handiwork will sell very well. Beautiful

Jennie in GA said...

Those hook pouches are really gorgeous!!