Monday, May 22, 2023

Getting Ready ~

Crazy busy day as usual . . . well perhaps a bit busier than normal.  My Cathy Stephan class begins tomorrow.  It is about an hour and a half commute with light traffic but I may hit some rush hour traffic on the way.  I am too cheap to get a hotel room 😁  The good thing about commuting is that I can bring additional wool to class the following days.  I still have to pack all the hooking supplies ~ wool, cutter and blades, pattern, Ott, etc.  

Here is the wool I have gathered so far for class.  I am pretty sure I want a horse of a different color (blue . . . lol) but that's about as far ahead as I have thought so I have just grabbed some wools that I like.  Sitting on top is the wool I just dyed.  Lousy color . . . of course.

The wool I dyed the other day.  Some of it has a slight pinkish cast, but maybe it will work in my rug.  On the right are some of the wools I overdyed.

I need to do yard work today.  The grass cannot wait until Friday to be be mowed unless I want to get a goat.  Also need to water the plants.  We are getting to the point that rain would be most welcome.

Antiquing was pretty much a bust.  Not even half of the normal number of vendors at the flea market.  At the antique mall, there were maybe eight vendors set up outside, selling flea market-y items, not antiques or even vintage IMHO.  I did buy a few gifts and came home to find I was overcharged $10.  Thankfully they found my slip and will mail me a check.  It is just a fluke that I noticed the error but am happy I did.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Have fun at class and say hi to Cathy LOL...haven't seen her in a while. Bummer about the antiquing adventure - and the overcharge. Glad it will be made right. The busyness of your world makes my head spin. Safe commuting! ~Robin~

Saundra said...

No need for me to say 'have a good time' because a good time automatically and magically happens at rug camp. Safe travels and don't forget to take loads to photos to share with us.

Prims By The Water said...

We so miss going to Springfield now. I have been seeing pics lately and sure wish we had gone. Oh well. Have fun at your class! Janice

acorn hollow said...

sorry it was a bust but you got some gifts out of the way.
Have a wonderful time a horse of a different color sounds great to me.
Cathy