Saturday, May 20, 2023

Multitasking ~

HOLY HELL!!!  This is post #1900.  That sure is a lot of blah, blah, blah.

Tomorrow I want to go play - antique flea market (but really not many antiques) and an antique mall in the same city having their spring flea market - so today my to-do list is longer than normal.

I wanted to dye some wool to use in my class rug.  Emma Lou's putty (old) is one of my favorite dye recipes.  I had some that I had mixed long ago.  When I went to add it to the dye pots (2 of them), it seemed a little weak so in the first pot I added an extra teaspoon or two and to the second pot almost doubled the amount stated.  The pots are cooling on the stove.  Hopefully I will get a color that I can use.  If not, oh, well 😁


Primitive Horse and Birds is the rug I have chosen to work on in next week's class with Cathy Stephan.  I purchased the pattern in 2017.  I guess it's about time I start it.  At 36" x 45", it is one of my largest rugs ever.  I will be hooking my usual antique dark background.


I finished the binding on the little pumpkin.


I am vending at a small hook in on June 3, so am trying to organize for that.  Since it is small, I am trying to pare down on the items I will be taking.  Of the course, all my organizing is done at the dining room table.


Next up . . . yard work!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

NMK said...

You sure are busy ! I like how you make room to have Fun too !!! Your new hooking project will be pretty ....the wool in your dye pots looks pretty already ! Don't play outside too long !!

Saundra said...

I've hooked that pattern and would love to 'want' to hook it again in different colors but there are too many others I've not yet hooked.
Will be excited to see the results of your dye results because I have that Emma Lou and Barb dye book and have never used that recipe.

Sue Swank said...

Wowzer, that is going to be a big rug, even bigger than mine by a bit. Mine is 32 x 42. I had to get it back out so I could send you a photo. I've had floor rugs picked up because of Daisy dog. This rug hooks up fast. Have fun.

acorn hollow said...

I like your new rug you are starting. Have a great time at the antique flea market
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Did I spot a half stone fruit there? Still on the hunt for one of those. You chose a nice rug for your next project. Surprised you have not started this sooner. Will the colors be the same as the picture? Will be a biggie for sure. Good luck. Janice

Julia said...

You put me to shame in the rug department. That's going to be a big rug but I know that you'll do a fantastic job on it. I love simmering a pot of wool, especially with different wool. I hope you can show us the before and after colors.

I've been outside digging like a fool as mother nature kind of works against my plans sometimes. I finished whipping my Madonna of the street and I need to sew the binding and it will come with me to the Hook-in next Saturday for the rug show. I'm looking forward to having a day just for me.
Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs,
Julia

Jo said...

That rug is super fun to hook! Can’t wait to see your progress with Cathy! I’m getting anxious to dye some wool, I haven’t done that in way too long! Hope to see your results! Good Luck & have fun shopping!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That's one big rug...but I know you will do it pretty. When I saw the pattern, I immediately thought of the "style" of Old Jack for some reason. Hope you're off having fun and found a few treasures. There was the annual barn sale at Tansy Hill Farms yesterday - it's out by my son's house - and it would have been a beautiful day to treasure hunt but I could not break out of my hermitage for some reason. How I would love to come explore your house!! ~Robin~

marly said...

I think your dark background would look great in the horse/bird design. That horse is like me, small head, big a**. I need to find out if ?Rogers? is still a flea market and plan a day. Been a long time.