Sunday, April 16, 2023

Kris Miller Class ~

Saundra can attest to the fact that a class with Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios is both fun and informative.  Sadly I forgot to get a picture of Kris or her finished rugs, but did get pictures of the rugs being worked on.  This is the third class I have had with Kris over the years and I would not hesitate to take another given the opportunity! 

Two of our overachievers were hooking a pattern titled Hurky Jerky Turkey.


Two were hooking a sweet snowman pattern offered by Kris.


Another fun pattern, offered by Kris, was being hooked by two.



Other rugs being hooked.  I hope I did not miss anyone 😁









And finally . . . my progress on the antique adaptation I am calling Treetop Birds.  I am not hooking it like the antique.  Totally different colors.  I had seen two other hooked versions and did not want to copy one of those even though they were both great interpretations.  (And of course I just can't get the correct colors of the wool 😖)  I better be a hooking fool before my next class in a month because I have chosen an even bigger antique adaptation from my pattern stash.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

NMK said...

Beautiful hooking at your class....so many great patterns ! Love the colors you are using in your pretty project ! Being with other Hookers is always Fun !!!

Saundra said...

Looks like a lot of over achievers. Despite you being #13 to go for color planning you kept up with them pretty well. And yes, Kris is a great teacher and would love the opportunity to have her again.

acorn hollow said...

I am so glad you had a great time. Great rugs
Cathy

Julia said...

Thanks for posting all those great rugs. So many lovely patterns. I'm glad that you had a great time in Kris'class. I hope that you'll be able to take another class with her soon.

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Julia

marly said...

Your birds look great. Still stumped how that thick texture gets through the fabric and it isn't distorted at all.

The 80's are gone, back to half that tomorrow. Glad you had a nice time.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...that's quite a large class. Fun rugs - my my "Early Bird" seems to pop up everywhere these days LOL. I need to finish mine soon before I see too many and decide to "file" my attempt. I think you made really good progress. I don't go to workshops and classes like you do - I've only ever been to a few of Cathy's "workshops" down the lane but always ever end up with nothing whatsoever hooked. In fact, this last time, I actually was "negative" in the hooking department as I ended up coming home and ripping out the little I had managed to hook. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Great progress. Thanks for the heads up on bringing lots of money when I visit Kris' shop. Wont happen for awhile, so will be sure to save up. Wonderful rugs and eve though your colors are not like others, I do like the wool you chose...not that it matters to you. LOL Also glad you had a fun time! Janice

WoolenSails said...

I am sorry to see that you lost Molly, you gave her a good life and lots of love.
Love seeing all the rugs from the class, lots of beautiful pieces being made.

Debbie