Monday, April 24, 2023

Monday Happenings ~

I have been working on odds and ends for weeks.  Trying to make things for the show where I will be vending in October.  I am trying so hard not to be my usual procrastinating self.

Binding is nearly complete on these two little designs.  This sweet bunny pattern is by My Winter Cottage and the pdf be found in her Etsy shop.  I enlarged her design by 50% and added the clamshells.

A quick fall pattern I have hooked a couple times already.  The free pattern can be found here along with a few other fall freebies.


These hearts will have a wool backing and be lightly stuffed with wool snippets.  They can be used as bowl fillers or tucked in to an old bedspring.  Two larger ones are at the top of the picture.


And finally, I sewed up these pinkeeps.  They just need to be stuffed and have a rusty pin and old buttons put on.

Even though I have had a Cricut for over a year, I am still Cricut stupid.  I know the most basic of the basics.  I just don't take the time to learn.  I prefer to be shown.  Today I was finally able to attend a class at our local library.  (They fill up so quickly and I have never been able to get in.)  Well, the librarian teaching the class didn't even know she was to teach it until it was class time.  She knew about as much about the Cricut as I do, which as I said, isn't much.  It was to be basic class . . . make a monogram for your phone case.  She really hadn't a clue and I learned absolutely nothing.  That is an hour and a half of my life I will never get back . . . sigh.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

Sue Swank said...

I do not have to spin that wheel quite so vigorously, but I understand.

Saundra said...

Is that woman part of the Biden staff who does that on side? She's as prepared and knowledgeable as most in the White House.

Julia said...

I had to laugh at Saundra's comment. Years ago, my sister-in-law and I signed up for a cross stitch basic course at a local craft store, and the one who was teaching the course did a great job of confusing everybody. She was ill-prepared and didn't know how to teach. My sister-in-law got so confused that she quit. I bought a book of patterns with basic instructions and finished my project.

You have been a busy girl but not too busy to make us laugh. You have a lot of stuff for sale. You should do well.

Yes, the older you get, the more you have to spin those numbers.

Take care, hugs.
Julia

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

The coverlet pin keeps sing to me! You should do well. Lovely pieces,all

acorn hollow said...

I love when you go to the Dr and the young person says loudly Did you say your birth year is xxxx??? So the whole waiting room can hear so much for hippa. Love your pieces sorry about the cricket lesson I don't have one so no help here.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Busy little one you've been - I love it all!! Good thing I don't get to go to Sauder or I'd want it all LOL. Bummer about the Cricut class. I bought one for Hailey for Christmas - she'd never heard of them before but has taught herself to use it online. I don't think she's doing anything fancy, but she's made labels for Mia's cubbies, did the shower centerpieces with it and few other little bits I think. Yup, I get the Wheel of Fortune spin thing...Add to that living in Wisconsin and by the time I'm done spinning, I've forgotten what it was I was doing on the site anyway. ~et~

WoolenSails said...

Great pieces for the show and nice to get them started now.

Debbie

marly said...

I am jealous of your winning battle against procrastination. You're really rocking your wares!

I had been doing all sister's financial, medical, insurance, yadda yadda calls and such for two years. To the point I am still spouting her birthday (1938) instead of mine (1951). Got locked out of my accounts a few times.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

a ton of beautiful things already! you'll have a sell-out at the show <3
Lori