Thursday, February 17, 2022

Just a Quickie ~

I am happy to report that my Granny Donaldson cow blanket rug is already bound!!!  I still need to darken the faces a bit and give her a final steaming.


I whipped the edges with the wonderful, chunky yarn that Ali Strebel sells.  It is THE BEST!


I also finished hooking Goodnight Pumpkin.  It is 6 1/2" x 12 1/2".  As I've said, this will be a door prize at the Crooked River hook in this September.


Next up, I will finally get back to hooking on The Poser, started in a June class with Cathy Stephan.  Also Saundra will reveal the new hook-along tomorrow.  Too many projects, too little time 😁

Late morning I am running away for the weekend to hook with a few friends.  The weather is supposed to get awful overnight with ice and snow on top of that.  Thankfully my personal uber driver has volunteered to drive me.  Ever since I crashed on ice about 10 years ago, I have turned in to a fair weather driver.

Time to finish packing!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun this weekend! Hope your uber driver drives safe. We had freezing rain change over to snow. Suppose to get 6 to 9 inches. UGH so looking forward to Spring. As always love your rugs. Janice

Saundra said...

I still haven't bound my Granny adaptation so you are way ahead of me.
You are in GOOD HANDS with your personal Uber Driver, I'm sure!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Laughing my butt off here in Nod....I just finished reading Mummie Dearest's post and commented that I bet she wouldn't be able to keep to her every-other-day posting schedule and would have to post the new hook along tomorrow. How right I was. ;-) I am sure she will sorely tempt me, but I would never keep up with you "ardent" hookers LOL. Your Granny D turned out wonderfully...as did Goodnight Pumpkin (love the name). I am impressed you have them bound already. BTW... I journeyed down the road and participated in a hooking workshop today myself. Cathy showed us her Ole Jack rug as she was trying to show some the antique technique she uses...and your name came up... quite a few times in fact. See, my Sissy is famous. Have fun hookin'....safe travels. I must have missed the warm up we were supposed to get...we're in negative double digits again at least overnight here... ~et~

Unknown said...

Newburyarts...
Very very nice rug! Great balance and hooking!
Congratulations! 😊

acorn hollow said...

Love your rug but super jealous of your time away it has been far to long for me to be with a group of friends.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

Oh what gorgeous rugs you make!! Its such a joy to see your work. Have a blast!! How nice to be able to get together with people to hook.
I am glad you have a driver to get you there safely. I am such a chicken when I have to drive in weather.
I hope it is just the best weekend.

Julia said...

You fall into the category of serious rug hookers. Your rugs are hooked to perfection and there's no stopping you. Love your rugs. Have fun with your rug hooker group. I'm glad that you don't have to worry about driving in bad weather. With good tires, I'm not intimidated and I'm used to lots of snow.

My hook is getting dusty as I've been riveted on live stream videos of what is really going on in Ottawa and have stopped watching mainstream news media. I feel so ashamed of our Prime Minister. ☹️ 👎

NMK said...

Love your rugs too !!! The wool you used to whip the edges on your rug looks great ! Have to remember where you got that !
Have a Great time at your hook in !!!

Jennie in GA said...

Great little mat. Can’t believe you even whipped it!! Have fun hooking with friends. We actually have our first Guild hook in since the pandemic started on Saturday!!!!

marly said...

Looks good! Hope you're enjoying the weekend fun.