Monday, February 21, 2022

Hooking at the Black Squirrel Inn ~

Getting away with hookers for the weekend is good for the mind and soul.  Lots of laughing, eating, (maybe a glass of wine or two), a bit of hooking but most of all friendship 💘

A throw down of the rugs being worked on.  Sadly one of the group left a day early and I did not get a picture of her rug.


Two hookers were working on patterns by Michelle Palmer.


I am in love with this face.



Door prize mats being hooked for the Crooked River Hook in.


Sweet Christmas rug.

Antique rug.  I didn't measure how large, but it is H.U.G.E. and she accomplished so much.


She was hooking this in an 8, cut on a Fraser cutter.  This 8 is as large as my 8.5 cut on my Townsend!


I always think I should get more hooked than I do.  You'd think by now I would learn, but I am happy with the progress made on The Poser.


Blogger ~ what can I say?  I think anyone who blogs knows that sometimes there are "issues".  A couple months ago emails stopped being sent when I leave a comment on a person's blog.  I didn't change any settings.  It is returned to me as an error.  I have no idea why and I know how annoying it is not to be notified and I apologize, but I have no idea how to fix it.  I think it may be my ISP, but you know what it's like trying to deal with speaking with someone halfway across the world.  

Another blogger thing ~ this time good.  For many years I have not known how many followers I have.  Suddenly today, there it is ~ 401.  It has come and gone before so I don't expect it to last . . . sigh.

Oh, my.  Today feels like spring.  60* and sunny.  Mother Nature is just being a tease because Thursday the high will be 28* with a chance of snow.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad you had fun!! The rugs are wonderful. I give up with Blogger. I remember in the early days, I would send emails and such. Now, I just try and live with the weirdness. We went from 74 yesterday to a high of 51 today. It will be even lower tomorrow.
February is just like that. I think March is worse though. :) Have a nice day.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I cannot wait for hooking with friends for a weekend or hook-in! Lucky you! And thanks for sharing these great rugs.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Each and every one of those rugs is amazing!! Of course I am in love with the Poser...and that pumpkin gal. You're right, the face is love-worthy. I wish I would have thought to do a "throw-down" photo of the rugs being worked on at the workshop I was at...but, with a few exceptions, it seemed everyone was working on more than one thing at a time. Me? Well, I think I went backwards in progress if anything. But it was so good to be among other hookers...and the food and wool were equally yummy. As for blogger...don't get me started. I haven't been able to see the number of followers for a long, long, time. I actually asked blogger help about and they said it had to do with my dark background. Seriously? I have had that background since I began blogging I think...and I USED to be able to see the number above the followers block. Now I have to go into stats. That, however, doesn't bug me nearly as much as the no notification thing. Gah! The snow just started here....again. We had a nasty storm with sideways snow and horrendous winds all day and night Friday...and we are to get a good dumping tonight/tomorrow. Initially it said up to 20"...then it went down to 10-15"...and now I think it's at only 8-12". Ya us. ~Robin~ (PS...you accomplished a HECK of a lot more than I did....The Poser is looking awesome!)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful selection of rugs and styles. Love how your granny rug came out, a really fun piece.
I have the same problem, no idea why. Maybe some day I will read up on it and figure it out.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Glad you are having fun hooking with friends! I decided to get in on hooking dancing rabbits with Saundra. I knew you did this one last year. Poser is looking good and loved seeing everyone's rugs! Janice

marly said...

Glad you had a nice time with hooking pals. I like the hooked areas raised, so distinctive and textural.

Saundra said...

I recognized the Poser and the vintage Lib Calloway rug with horse and birds, which I also hooked. Somewhere I have a photo of the original antique rug from which Poser was drawn. When I find it again will send it to you.
Wonderful show and so glad you had fun getting away with all this world and regional stress.

acorn hollow said...

It really is so wonderful to get with your hooking friends. Just what I need about now. Lot of wonderful rugs the talent overflows in your group
Cathy

NMK said...

Your hooking weekend sounds just wonderful , so refreshing !!! All of the rugs look beautiful ,such pretty colors everyone has chosen . Your Poser is beautiful !
Was almost 60 here yesterday , today it's 40 & Thursday night into Friday we could get 8-12 ugly inches of snow .....has just been so nice walking outside without worrying about slipping on ice.
Oh well , Spring is coming
Happy hooking !!!

Julia said...

I'm running behind and had another funeral to attend today and a long zoom meeting and another meeting in 15 minutes. No hooking or crocheting... Your Poser is beautiful and all the rugs on the floor. Such talent in your group.

I wrote a long email to a blogger friend who left a beautiful comment on my blog and it came back. No idea why... So frustrating.

In no time spring will be here.

I pray for peace.
Hugs, Julia

Olde Dame Holly said...

401! Amazing, and well-deserved. I love seeing your rugs and all that you share!

Jennie in GA said...

So much inspiration there. Glad you had a wonderful weekend. We finally had our first Hook In since Covid and it was a delight to be with other hookers and to actually have vendors. It almost seemed normal, whatever that is. The weather here is crazy, too, but mostly just gray. But the daffodils and forsythia are blooming, so I think that spring is just around the corner. Have a good rest of the week!