Thursday, February 10, 2022

Next Up ~


There are so many "next ups" that my head is spinning 😁  Of course binding needs to be started.   That will be a long, slow process at the rate I bind.

I was asked to do a little class at one of the hooking groups I belong to on how I make my sunflowers that get attached to a bedspring. That is scheduled for the beginning of April so I have been working on a little handout so people know what supplies are needed and I am hooking a few sunflowers so they can see the various steps.


Crooked River Rug Hookers, an ATHA guild, is having a hook in.  Since it is always in the fall, it is dubbed Hooktoberfest, even though this year it is in September.  Members are being asked to hook small mats that will be door prizes and the sooner they can be turned in, the better.  I designed a little fall mat that Heidi our webmaster dubbed "Goodnight Pumpkin".  You can access the free pattern here along with a few other freebies.  The larger pumpkin will be hooked with hand torn strips and finished in the shape of a pumpkin.


Then that darn Saundra along with "Heavens to Betsy" Betsy is already planning the next hook-along.  It is supposed to be even easier to hook than Granny and of course I have a problem saying no.

As for a larger hooking project, I hope to soon get back to The Poser, a rug I started in June with Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs.  I don't think I have pulled more than a dozen loops on it since then.  Hopefully I have kept all the wool together and not borrowed any of it for other projects (which I have been know to do πŸ˜–).


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

You are so busy!! I do love your sunflowers. I wish I could go to that class. I know I love mine so much.
I love that rug you started. Its really pretty. I just did that, I have a project and I cannot find the wool that went with it.
Along with my knitting needles. :)
Well I always love seeing your work.

Saundra said...

Whew, busy girl; no wonder you don't have time to hook as much as you'd like.

My sweet DIL and son were here today and she informed me she LOVED sunflowers. Her birthday is in May so for sure she will be getting sunflowers in some form or other.

acorn hollow said...

Well now you are busy!!! I think I will join this hook along I felt very left out of the last one even though I said no several times lol. Crazy hooker issues!!
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Hooktoberfest is a perfect name. I have one of those hooked sunflowers in purple. Love it. I should make some for the store. Yeah I heard Saundra & Betsy teamed up to do another hook along. Looking forward to see what they decided on. Janice

WoolenSails said...

The class sounds fun. I got a kit with a proxy tool to make some, never got around to it.
Always love seeing what rugs you are working on, tempting me to make some.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Whoa....you're in a group that has a webmaster?? Impressive.... ~et~

Julia said...

WOW, you're keeping yourself busy. Teaching rug hooking starts with an invitation and will probably blossom into something beautiful like a sunflower. That's how my teaching ceramic started, by an invitation, and then it took over my life, lol... just saying...

Looking forward to following the girls as they tackle the next Saundra and Betty hook along. I'll join the look-along group to cheer you on.

Take care, stay well.
HUgs,
Julia

jody said...

oh my goodness Lauren! you are busy with lots of fun stuff!
i love your sunflowers! i have a small design in my head for the cobblers using
a sunflower like that..so pretty and fun!
love your pumpkin designs too!
and the rug you are working on is just beautiful!
love the design and wools!
i may check out Heavens to Betsy's and see if
anyone can join the hook along? would be fun! and motivating!
enjoy your day Lauren!