Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day ~

I have heard that a weatherman's worst nightmare is waking up to 6" of partly cloudy.  Sunday morning there was about a 30% chance of snow at 8am and 9am.  What a surprise to wake up to this.



It was the lightest, fluffiest snow.  After these pictures were taken, we probably got another 4" - 5".  So pretty . . . but bring on spring (34 days)!  Our temp has climbed to a whopping 18*, but with sun and low wind . . . it is still cold 😁

My hook has been busy.  The sunflowers are in various stages of completion for the mini class in April so students can see how I do it.  I hooked this pumpkin with hand torn strips and even got it bound!  The orange is really much darker.  No matter where I put it or what background . . . I could not capture the color.


I am working on "goodnight pumpkin".  Such a fast hook.  


I hope your Valentine's Day is everything you hoped for.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren   

12 comments:

Sue Swank said...

The snow covered garden does look very pretty. We got a light dusting here. I don't mind the snow, I mind being so cold. You are always busy doing something. Have fun!

Farm Girl said...

I love both of your projects! That is a lot of snow! I am glad it is light and fluffy. I hope it melts fast. Have a lovely day.

Saundra said...

Had just a dusting here, thank goodness. Very cold but not quite as cold as there.

Julia said...

Happy Valentine... ❤️ LOVELY work. I love the spicey color of your pumpkin too. You'll be ahead for Halloween and you'll be more than ready for your Sunflower class.

We had a tiny sprinkle of snow today but it didn't amount to much. I baked some bread today.

Take care and stay busy to keep your mind on all the sad state of affaire in our countries.

Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

It is freezing here too , we only got a light dusting of snow ,its gone , but it is bitter cold & the wind is frigid ! Love your pumpkins ! Only 34 days til Spring & I can not wait !!!!
Have a Happy Valentines Day !!!!

acorn hollow said...

we are very cold with a wind chill well below zero I tried to walk today but i couldn't do it. Your hook is very busy lately.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I will be starting Halloween goodies myself soon. Taking a break for a week. Loving your pumpkins, but thought for sure you would feature your heart rugs today. Guess I was wrong. Bring on Spring!!! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

You had me at pumpkin. And yours are always fabulous. ~et~

JustGail said...

What a pretty snow, the way it makes clumps on the shrubs and trees. It's not too bad here today and tomorrow, but back to cold and some sort of precipitation Thursday. The weather people are admitting they don't know if it will be rain or snow yet.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I love the snow I know lots people don't however it's part of life just like rain etc. LOL Love the pug also.
I haven't started my rug hooking yet!!! I look at my books every once in a while LOL

Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

I love pumpkins so much that they seem a natural to feature on Valentine's! My (real) pumpkins are still sitting fine and dandy in the back yard!

marly said...

A few days of 50's coming our way. The parking lot mountains and 16" still in our yard will need more than that. That pumpkin has perfect loopies. I saw a new (to me) loopie called yarn sewing on Rebekah Smith blog that sort of mimics hooking. Or not. Closest I will ever get.