Monday, February 7, 2022

Randy's Snowsuit ~


Randy's snowsuit looked a little too light compared to the rest of the rug, so rather than reverse hook, I coffee stained it.  I think it toned it down just enough.  Now I am undecided if I need to tone down the flesh colors of their heads.  Thoughts?

My Granny Donaldson cow blanket rug is D.O.N.E.  I can't believe I have two hooking finishes done in less that a week.  (We are not going to talk about binding . . . ugh.)


A big thank you to Saundra for putting together this hook-along.  I think all the participants have enjoyed the journey.  I know I didn't have to whine like I did for last year's challenge hooking with alternative fibers/using what was on hand.  I found this truly enjoyable.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

It’s just outstanding! Randy looks great.Next challenge I will join in!

Saundra said...

Glad you enjoyed this one Lauren and didn't miss your whining at all, lol. Betsy finished hers too so will post both pictures on my blog. Thanks for participating and, uh, I've got mine to bind plus finish binding Winter Buddies.

NMK said...

Love your Granny rug !!! Maybe in person the faces look brighter than in the picture ? Now you need a binding competition , who ever wins gets a bottle of Wine !!! LOL

Julia said...

Your rug looks great. I don't know if it's because the time is flying fast, but I find that this challenge went by rather quickly. It sure kept you girls busy. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's rug finished.

Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

It looks wonderful! I don't think you need to tone down the faces.
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

My computer screen the faces look a bit brighter than the other muted colors, but the choice is up to you. Do what you like. Looks better than I could do. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a great rug!! I have ended up loving these so much more than I ever thought I would. You, of course, are always the overachiever LOL. As for the faces....hmmm??? In this photo they look a bit white, but I remember seeing them in your progress posts and thinking they were perfect. I vote leave them...If, after living with them for a while, you decide they are too bright, you can always tweak them then. Soooo....what's next on your frame??? ~Robin~

JustGail said...

Your rug is very pretty. The faces do seem a bit bright compared to the rest on this photo. But I'm going to side with Robin - leave it for now, and tone it down later if it continues to bother you.

JustGail said...

I just came from Saundra's blog and the faces don't seem quite so bright there? Or it could be I need more coffee.

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Lauren,
Your rug turned out wonderful. I really love the colors you chose and I think your Granny rug turned out amazing.
Great job!

Unknown said...

Faces stand out in the overall effect.
Try just a light wash over them...
Then they will balance out in the picture.
Otherwise...great job on the rug!