Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Two Little Cross Stitch FInishes ~

First a little Molly update.  Surgery went well.  She only had three extractions, but found out she was already missing eleven teeth!  Since we were in two months ago, another mast cell tumor appeared on her side and there were two other areas that were most likely precancerous.  Those two areas were ablated and the two tumors were removed.  I am awaiting the pathology report to know the grade of the cancer.  Normally in pugs they are a grade one, but the vet (who I highly respect and has bred pugs for decades) indicated that might not be the case with Molly.  Please keep Molly in your prayers for a good report.  I know in light of the devastation in parts of our great nation this may seem trivial, but any animal person will know that she is more than "just a dog".

I have two little finishes.  I love the cross stitch process, but hate the finishing and my sewing skills are not the greatest.  Feeding the Reindeer is a sweet little pattern by Country Rustic Primitives that can be found here.  It was gifted to a friend today for her to display this Christmas season.


The second finish is a Prairie Schooler Santa.  I did not do the cross stitch but found it very poorly framed at an antique shop.  The frame had to be broken apart (thanks DSO!) to retrieve the stitchery without damaging it, and I still wasn't sure how it would end up.  I was pleasantly surprised that there were no issues and could be finished into another little mini pillow.


I have issues getting the corners to all look the same and to get the batting in place.  Maybe if I made a few more it would get easier.

PatT is a first time commenter on my blog ~ thank you ~ but as a no reply blogger I couldn't let her know how much I appreciate it.  Thank you, Pat!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

Am glad you have other things occupying your mind to reduce your stress for Molly. Will keep you both in my prayers tonight. Both finishes will be lovely gifts.

Sue Swank said...

Prayers for you and Molly.

Jennie in GA said...

Pug prayers for a good report on Miss Molly. No apologies needed for your request. They are truly family. Your little finishes are great!! And what a find, that sweet PS Santa. Great save. I have been stuffing my smalls with wool snippets lately, and I get a firmer finish and can poke stuff in the corners better…great recycle as well. Then I sort of smash them flatter with an iron from the back and they seem to have a nicer shape. Sawdust (clean from unfinished wood) works great, too. I never liked my results with polyfil. Lizard litter works, too, but gives a heavier, more moveable finish.

marie said...

Your cross stitch piece is lovely, since it's not in my craft abilities I admire people who can do it. When I made wool applique small pillows using either wool snippets or walnut shells gets in the corners very well. also since I'm not good at closing the seam I slit in middle of the back and put another design over the slit so my terrible hand sewing doesn't show. Praying for good report for Molly.

sandi s said...

I pray that you get a good report on Molly. I love your cross stitch, I do things in that line too. Hugs,

Olde Dame Holly said...

I hope that the vet is incorrect in fearing worse than Grade 1. I do NOT think it is silly to love and worry for animals, at all! I always light a Holy Candle for the animals of the world. We could not make it through this vale of tears without them. Think of the role the humble donkey played in the life of Christ! ~ I love the x-stitches. So glad you rescued and repurposed that pretty Santa stitchery.

Farm Girl said...

I will keep Molly in my prayers. I really know nothing harder than that. Poor girl.
I love your little cross stitch projects. They are wonderful.
I have so many not finished that I am impressed you have so many finished projects.
Have a wonderful day,
Kim

NMK said...

Your cross stitching is really pretty ! I always say ...Primitive thigs need a touch of Wonky !!!
Your sweet Molly is in my thoughts and prayers .....take care

TheCrankyCrow said...

You know I like animals better than most people on most days so I "get" it...and, of course, I will keep praying for Molly. This part of pet ownership totally stinks. Sweet little finishes!! I did that same "Feeding the Reindeer" piece years ago - and mine is much more "primitive" LOL. Do you clip your corners?? Also, a hemostat works great....if one can remember where one put one's hemostat when one needs it. 🤔 ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

Prayers for Molly. I know what it is like waiting for a vet report. With stuffing pillows, I like to cut the back fabric, stitch together and then once turned over I add fabric or wool or stuffing to the corners first, then the rest of the pillow. The reason I cut the backing fabric instead of leaving an opening at the bottom is so everything is uniform....but yes it takes time to get the hang of it. I also like using my scrap fabrics for stuffing my pillows. Waste not is my motto. LOL Janice

marly said...

We all know how important and loved our 4 legged family members are. Praying for the best outcome.

WoolenSails said...

I do hope Molly is ok, they are so lucky to have a mom that cares so much.
Your new pieces are wonderful, always love primitive cross stitches.

Debbie