Monday, December 20, 2021

This, That and a Molly Update ~

Molly's pathology report was better than expected.  The excision on her back was a grade one, but the one that developed so quickly on her side was between a one and a two.  I will just have to closely watch her to see if more develop.  Now it's just a waiting game.  Fingers crossed she doesn't develop more.  Stitches come out on Thursday 💗

Saturday night . . . what was to be a few of DSO's neighbors over my house to see my Christmas decorations (he is always amazed at what I do), morphed in to about 25 people being at my house.  As my dear, sweet mom (whom everyone absolutely loved!) would have not so delicately said, that would be like putting 10# of sh** in a 5# bag 😁 It was pretty much standing room only.  I did get many compliments on all my Santas and decorations, but the majority of the crowd was definitely not "antique" people nor "crafty" type people.  No comments about all the antiques nor any of the rugs even after I took them in to my somewhat cleaned up hooking room . . . though that moniker did bring some chuckles.  Partway through the evening, I noticed that the lights had gone out on the top third of my tree.  UGH!  Do you know that you can't find strands of 35 or 50 clear Christmas lights this close to the big day?  I had extra strands of 100 (too many) and that's what the stores had . . . all five that I went to.  I ended up with two strands of 20 ~ not quite enough ~ and not quite as bright as the lights already on the tree, but I am calling it good and no one would probably notice unless I pointed it out.

Yesterday was the 25th TubaChristmas in Lorain (of course 2020 was cancelled) though it was actually started in 1974 at New York City's Rockefeller Plaza Ice Rink.  Just a fun, cheesy way to spend the afternoon.  


This tuba player wore a red nose that blinked the entire time.


I have barely had a hook in hand for the last month, but that is so typical for me.  Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I am just crazy busy, but tonight I will find make time to pull a few loops.  I thought I would be finished with my Santa rug and Ole Jack by now, but not sure when that is going to happen.

I just have to share this fun carpenter box I purchased a couple weeks ago at an antique shop.  It is just perfect on the dining room table.  Fresh greens, pine cones, old silver Christmas balls, battery lights and a battery flicker candle.  I love it!



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

14 comments:

NMK said...

So good to hear Molly is doing well & sounds like she will be fine !
Love your carpenter box ! Beautiful on your table ! Some people just don't appreciate beautiful antique treasures . The people who came to see your Cmas decorations don't know how Lucky they were !!! I would have wanted to stand & stare at every inch & drooled !!! LOL, Have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can do a little hooking !!!

acorn hollow said...

Just lovely Lauren! So glad Molly did better than expected. Fingers crosse this is the end of the growths.
OH how I wish I was among that group of people seeing your amazing decorations. Now what do they like, crap you can buy at the dollar store lol?
Did Jake go to the Tuba Christmas with you?
Merry Christmas
Cathy

Saundra said...

Whew, so happy Molly's report was good. I was able to notice those puffy only slightly raised bumps on Ben and his turned out okay too.
Was surprised when my home insurance agent told me that antiques don't have the value or interest they once had. So it is we few people who 'get it'. Frankly I'd have been quite disappointed that few if any guests had any interest in anything in the tour of my home. So why were they there...for the free food and drink? That would be the last for me and only do it for close by friends who do appreciate it.
Hope you pull LOTS of loops tonight.

Saundra said...

Forgot to mention I liked the carpenter box with decorations.

Prims By The Water said...

WOW I might have been afraid with that many folks in my house. Before covid I was scheduled to be on the Holiday tour which the historical society asked me to be on. I decorated my house for 2 months, and then they cancelled me because another house near me cancelled. I was so upset. I found out later that some of the ladies in the group opted for more modern houses. Then I was livid because I was told they wanted to show antique styled homes set up. In your case I would have been upset that they did not compliment your decor, because it is just lovely. I NEVER get tired of peeking in vi your blog each and every Christmas. More prayers for Molly and lets hope no more issues. Janice

marie said...

Better than expected, I'd say that's good news about Molly.
Ya know, some people just don't have good taste. I love the carpenter's box. Kicking myself for not buying a trench bowl at a fall craft show, am hoping the same vendor will be there at the spring one. I want to make some similar for my large coffee table.

Olde Dame Holly said...


Your mom's expression is what we call a "blivet" out here. 10#'s in a 5# sack! Oh my. Those silly guests did not know what they were looking at. I'd have been all over your antiques and staring very closely at the lovely rugs. Sheesh! I am so sorry that Molly has cancer but it isn't the grade feared, thank God. I hope the stitches aren't too itchy. Give her a kiss from me and mine, Sophie and Champie.

marly said...

YAY!!!! Good golly Miss Molly! I get it about people not having the same taste. Anything old or aged here gets an odd look. And your fans online can't get enough of seeing your collections.

coke said...

Love the box!!!!I can see endless ideas for a beauty like that. Coke

TheCrankyCrow said...

Good grief...I AM losing it.... Did I respond about Molly's news previously. EEEK. My brain is on a permanent walkabout these days I fear. In any event, that is great news indeed...and hey - you lucked out having it where it was so she didn't have to be coned. Or is the spot on the side an issue?? And heavens woman - you have more trees and lights in your dining room than I have in my entire house. Love how you did the box up...hard to find cedar greens here and they cost an arm and a leg. Go figure in the Land of Nod of all places. Maybe b/c no one wants to walk through the snow to get their own?? You know my thoughts on the guests' tastes. And, well, no comment on the TubaChristmas. ~et~

Jo said...

Good news regarding Molly, hope she continues to improve! I love all your decorations, and your carpenter box...made a “light bulb” go off in my head that I need to put some battery lights in my trencher! Oh, I know the feeling....you can always tell the ones that are not into antiques and Hooked rugs or our hobbies when they walk in your house & no mention is made of all the rugs hanging everywhere!!
I’ll pass on all the IKEA and trendy things & take my treasures any day!
Wishing you a Merry Christmas & peace, love, happiness & good health in the New Year!

JustGail said...

Well, I guess the good thing is those people won't be competing with you for antiques. Stinks they had no appreciation for your rugs, or at least that they were made by you not purchased. I haven't been near a holiday decorating section of any size this year, but based on one HL photo, I can believe pickings are sparse. Good news on Molly, I hope no more pop up.

Julia said...

Great news about Molly doing great after her operation. Here's a little pug hug from me.💗

I would have loved to visit your beautifully decorated home. I would have been there with bells and whistles and probably with caroling too. I can only imagine all the Christmas spirit of old, something that is missing in modern homes today.

You are lucky about your dear DSO to be so supportive of your decorating. It's so nice to have someone who appreciates your taste. My husband is more indifferent in that department. I just wish that your DSO neighbors were a little more appreciative, especially when you put so much of your time into decorating and hooking your beautiful rugs.

I have to catch up on the other posts that I missed. Right now, I'm running out of time.

Take care.
Julia


Sweet Sue said...

Happy Holidays Lauren, may 2022 bring you great Joy and much Love!