Saturday, May 2, 2020

Miscellaneous Stuff ~



I'm busy all day, every day, but some days I feel I accomplished nothing.  I did get my 40 bags of mulch down in the flower beds.  I need about 5-6 more bags, but I'm hoping it goes on sale again tomorrow.  Edging is the next main project.  I really should have edged the gardens before putting down the mulch . . . sigh.  I live on a corner lot so I have twice the sidewalk and curb to edge.  Edging is not a garden task I enjoy.  

I did finish hooking the hook-in door prize mat.  Now three small mats need binding :(  Finished size is about 10" x 10 1/2" and the pattern can be found here.


Next on the frame is a little cat's paw rocker pad.  You can join Saundra if you'd like to hook along with her, though she is already about done.  Thankfully it's not very big because hooking circles is not my favorite thing.

Progress has also been made on my applique runner.  Titled Bittersweet Runner, I just need to add the bittersweet berries and backing.  Pattern is by Crows on the Ledge Wool Studio.


Happy Saturday to you.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Be safe and stay healthy.  Ohio has extended its Stay at Home order until May 29, though they are now calling it Safe at Home.  Slowly things are going to begin to open.  No word yet on restaurants, salons, etc.  My heart just breaks for all the businesses that will not succeed because of this pandemic.  So many lives ruined.  Just sad.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

You're making great progress on your 'hooking responsibilities' vs playtime rug hooking. Sweet little pumpkin kitten someone will enjoy.
Yes, a shame so many businesses and people will struggle because of the Chinese virus...there I said it! Sadly our enemies have learned how easy it would be to crumble the wonderful USA to their knees. Hope our dear President carries the ball to complete the home-run. There, I said that too!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Wouldn’t anyone be lucky to win that little mat?! That’s quite a prize! It is so sad about the businesses. On the other hand I see enterprise and creativity arising from this. Resiliency is a gift.

marly said...

I think the close to me Ohio shops are opening mid May. My PA county has been given the OK for retail to open the 8th. Still with masks required though. Nursery opened, Amish are always open. We go out for DD drive thru or Jamocas every other day for weeks now, and today the traffic was unbelievable compared to those weeks. TONS of traffic!

Julia said...

There are days when that woman sitting in that chair could be me. I'm not accomplishing much either. My house could use a good spring cleaning but it stays undone.
I love your projects, especially that applique runner. You have accomplished a lot. Since I love gardening I would love to see your yard work. My lawn is still yellow with a bit of green starting to show. Even though the weather has been great, I haven't accomplished as much as I should.

I hope the garden centers open soon. I need my fix of starter plants.
Stay well and safe.
Hugs, Julia

Jennie in GA said...

My sentiments exactly. I know that I am pushing forward, but honestly, I feel exhausted. Love the little mat. Just ordered a nice wooden box for XStitch from Teresa. Your runner is going to be lovely. Is it for you? Our Caraway rug school finally cancelled, and our hooping group isn’t meeting. Miss my buds. Stay safe!

acorn hollow said...

That's a lot of mulch. I washed Windows not my favorite.
Congrats on the finishes. Hair salons are opening in another week under restrictions.
We will slowly get there
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Congrats on 40 bags of mulch! Whatta workout! :-) Your hooking and stitching are lovely. We are fortunate to have such relaxing and gratifying hobbies to indulge in! :-)

Farm Girl said...

Wow!! 40 bags!! That is really awesome! I bet it looks so good. I loved what you said, I think that is my life right now, I feel like all I do is work, and I never seem to get anything done.
I love your hooking and your wool project. I found a mayfly yesterday. Our mayflies are minuscule compared to yours. It made me think of you and the lake.
We are pretty much ignoring our Governor now. People are storming the beaches today. We have protests breaking out all over the place. People are going back to work tomorrow. Restaurants are opening up next week too. Our Sheriffs will not go against the 1st and 14 Amendments and our health department said they were withdrawing the order to stay at home. Last night we drove by one on the busiest hospitals in town and there was one car in the parking lot and none in the emergency. Its really weird to me. Just thought you might like to know about California and its not like you see on the news.

Prims By The Water said...

I simply love that applique. Could not find it though. Guess the artist took it off. Oh well. Maybe it was not to be. I dont have time anyway. UGH Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

That is me most days sigh. what is up with that??? 40 bags of mulch Wowza....you're a better (and stronger) woman that me. I love love love both the mat and that applique....might have to rearrange things on my dance card. Yes, it's tragic what is happening. Our "safter-at-home" malarkey was extended through the end of May several weeks ago already. There was a lawsuit filed to overturn it (statutorily, the extension would have required legislative approval which our governor didn't think he had to bother with...but, by the time the suit gets through our handicapped and masked court system, the end of May will be be here. Mulch on ~ Robin