Sunday, September 1, 2019

September 1 ~


I, for one, am not happy for it to be September :(  I do enjoy fall . . . it's what comes after that I really hate don't like.  Since life goes on whether I like it or not, Happy Labor Day.


I finally have a finish to share.  Actually the stitching was done a couple weeks ago, but never got around to posting.  It's a pattern by Lori Rippey, 1776 Patriotic Eagle.  You can find the pattern here.  When I cross stitch, I prefer stitching samplers, but knew this would be a perfect Christmas gift.  I don't think I have ever done so much frogging.  (I had to ask why it's called frogging.  It's because you rip it, rip it, rip it.)  I was often one thread or one X off.  Thankfully I would check often so didn't have to frog large areas, but had to do it often.  The design being so symmetrical did not allow for error. 


Speaking of frogs, this little guy has been hanging out in my little pond for a few days.  A first for me.  I hope he sticks around.  Hard to see, but he has a green smile.



I've been so busy getting consignment orders of my jewelry completed, that until a few days ago did not realize that the Woolkeepers' hook in was this next weekend.  I knew the dates, but it just didn't quite register.  Now I'm frantically trying to get things made/finished up.  September and October are crazy busy months.  

I am close to finishing the rug I started at my Millersburg retreat early in August.  I've used 99% worms and small bits of wool (just cut wool for the basket) and I have not made a dent in the worm farm.  I do believe they multiply while we sleep.  Ignore the extra line.  I was going to reduce the size of the top to match the size of the bottom, but then the diamonds would have been too wonky.



I'll leave you with this gorgeous sunset.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Julia said...

Yes, hard to believe, September is already here. Three more weeks to official Autumn.

You are such a busy girl. You need to do like your little frog, sit in the oasis and take like easy. I know, I'm the pot calling the kettle black...

Your eagle cross stitch turned out perfectly and your hit and miss rug is looking good. Yes, all hookers know that worms multiply while we sleep. Take care and enjoy the long weekend. Here, it's Labor Day weekend and school starts on September 3rd.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

Yes sept crept on us I think this year. we have a couple of frogs and if we have frogs we know there is no snakes around which makes me very happy.
love your stitching.
Cathy

Farm Girl said...

Happy Labor Day weekend and Happy September 1st! I would love to have frogs. Its so dry here now. I love that stitchery. Very well done. Your rug is great too.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennie in GA said...

Lovely cross stitch finish...lucky someone. The frog is too cute. We have toads, but no water froggies, since we have no pond....wish we did. Can’t wait to see your rug finish. Scrappy rugs are always my favorites. Did you plan the balance of your colors for the squares before you started? Nothing compares to a sunset over the water. Happy September!!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’m with you! Fall is superb and a month of winter ok, but beyond that is just.... bad.
Your cross stitch is very nice

Prims By The Water said...

Lori does a great job with her patterns. I stitched a pumpkin one a few years back. Good luck vending. We have our Holly show this weekend and am finishing up my projects this weekend. Love your diamond rug! Janice

Saundra said...

Your cross stitch is wonderful and a lucky person to received it from a good friend. I love September and October because the evenings are brisk and lovely but the days warm and sunny. Late November thru February I could do without because I don't like COLD or snow,

WoolenSails said...

Love your cross stitch and your hooked piece. Time flies by too fast, I am glad to see the heat go, but hope we get an indian summer.

Debbie

marly said...

Nine looking rug, great colors, and a cross stitch finish! With all the ripping you did, it's no wonder the frog showed up in your little pond.

Hope you're body has recovered nicely. Happy Labor Day. Not happy September.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your work is beautiful, Lauren. Love all the wonderful colors in your hooked rug. Does your frog croak at night ? I used to love hearing that when we had a pond.
Rose