Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Last but not Least ~


Donna Hrkman is an award-winning artist and writer who teaches rug hooking classes and workshops around the U.S.  She has illustrated catalogs and books, designed her own line of primitive stencils, and was a fabric designer.  She is known for her hooked portraits and intricate hooked designs.

Donna's rug are amazing to see in person.  This is one of my all-time favorite rugs.  It has been displayed at Sauder in years past.


Some other rugs that have also been at Sauder over the years.






My favorite rug this year at Sauder was another masterpiece by Donna.



Isn't this rug incredible?  It gives me chills.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Just amazing work very moving
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I cannot believe these are hooked rugs? So very real and life like. I am in awe at the talent. Janice

marly said...

Still mesmerized by the details and the shading. I can see it with threads, but wool strips??? Such a talent.

Simply Quaint said...

Omg is all I can say...they are truly amazing they don’t even looked hooked......❤️The last one, solider and dog is truly truly breath taking....thank you for sharing....I hope you all are doing ok and slowly getting back to your daily routines....
Hugs Rhonda

Saundra said...

Donna is definitely an extraordinary rug hooker. The Semper Fi rug gave me chills when you posted it among the other pictures before. Awesome.

Julia said...

What a talented artist. Now those are rugs that really make a strong statement. So much thought and work must go into each of those rugs. I love the tones and quiet colors in these rugs. The images really touch the soul.
Thank you so much Lauren for posting these for us to enjoy.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Just amazing rugs !!!!

Jennie in GA said...

OMG!! I have seen her other rugs at Caraway, but that last one....it brings me to tears. Amazing!!

moosecraft said...

Wow! That Semper Fidelis rug is amazing!

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

That Christopher Robin is my favourite! Thanks for sharing!
Sheepunderfeet

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Yes, those rugs are ALL AMAZING!!!! The detail is incredible!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Have a great weekend, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo