Thursday, September 5, 2019

Discombobulated ~


Tomorrow before the crack of dawn Melissa and I are heading to Danville, IN, to vend at the Woolkeepers hook in.  I thought I had my act together until last week when I realized that the hook in was this Friday eve and Saturday.  I knew the dates, but somehow it just did not register.  Today I am a crazy lady trying to get a few last minute things finished, organizing, packing and all the other good stuff that goes with vending.  

I have a hooked finish :)  Finally finished Diamonds in the Rough, a pattern by Woolen Memories.  The finished size is about 23 1/2" x 29".  I may coffee stain a few of the diamonds that look bright to me. 





I probably won't get to start binding for a couple weeks.  My trip to Franklin, TN, with college friend Wink, has been rescheduled for next week.  My head still feels about the same, but I know a concussion (though mild) can take time to heal.

My brother took this great pic of my frog the other day, but sadly I haven't seen him recently.  I was hoping he'd stick around. A little washed out, but you can really see the green on his face.


I had another visitor in my yard the other day.  I think he's trying to mimic the colors of the sedum.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

Hoping you need Brinks to take you cash to the bank, fully guarded.

Prims By The Water said...

Good luck vending. We have our Holly show this weekend too! Love the praying mantis! Thy are such cool insects. Your rug is amazing as always! Janice

WoolenSails said...

I hope your trip is enjoyable and you do well at the show.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

Have a safe trip with lots of sales.I hope you feel like your old self soon.
Cathyi

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Great rug and happy sales to you!

Julia said...

Your Diamond in the rough looks amazing. I know you will sell a lot at the sale. Have a great time and have a safe trip.
Your little frog is charming. Are you going to kiss it before you leave? I have never seen a Praying Mantis in this area. The winters must be too cold for them.
I hope that you will soon be all better.
Hugs, Julia

marly said...

LOVE this hook! Enjoy the weekend, have fun, feel better! The green mouthed frog is a Lithobates clamitans. I googled her (males have a yellow throat) and yep, she has his own title! Hope she's still around.

Margaret said...

Love your finish! Oh I know that feeling, thinking I have more time than I have! That's happened to me more often than I'd like to admit! Hope the weekend went well! Hope you are feeling back to normal too. Good that you are leaving time for recovery from that concussion!