Friday, September 27, 2019

Busy Week Ahead ~


The next few weeks are crazy busy, but doing fun stuff.  Next week I have two hooking classes.  Tuesday and Wednesday is a class with Nola Heidbreder.  I have chosen to hook her pattern American Clipper.  I will be hooking the small version which is 22 1/4" x 16".  Hopefully I will get it hooked and bound to give as a Christmas gift.


Thursday and Friday I will be in a class with Caroline Twigg of Eagles' Nest Woolens.  I've had Caroline before and she is lots of fun.  I will be hooking Vintage Blossoms, a pattern by Payton Primitives, purchased from Heavens to Betsy.  It measure 22" x 29".


Saturday is my guild's hook in.  I have volunteered for several duties throughout the day so no hooking will be done.  Unfortunately (???) I will find time to shop.  We have a great line up of vendors including the Wool Studio and the Wool'n Gardener.

And I wonder why I can't get anything done at home . . . sigh.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, so many hooking classes. The only hooking classes I've taken were the basic hooking. I'm a kind of a do it yourself gal on just about any projects I tackle. Lately, I've started to relearn how to crochet a baby blanket. It's a lot of fun and so rewarding when I finally got the pattern right. I haven't hooked for 40 years.

That clipper pattern is lovely.
Where did September go? Have you seen it? For me, it was a blur as it went so fast.
Hugs,

WoolenSails said...

Those are going to be fun to hook and it sounds like you are busy, I need some of your energy, lol.

Debbie

Saundra said...

Busy but oh having so much fun. And now you are wondering why you ever hesitated retiring....right?

Farm Girl said...

I think it all sounds like so much fun. I love that first rug, I think I need that pattern. :)
Have a blast!

village folk art said...

That clipper is outstanding ... Love it.
Have fun and enjoy...

Jennie in GA said...

Like both rugs, but really admire American Clipper. Not being close to any large body of water, ships are not subject matter hooked with any frequency here. Have fun!!!!

moosecraft said...

Enjoy the hook in! Wooln Gardner is my FAVORITE source for wool!!! I used to belong to the same hooking guild as them and they always brought woolies for sale t the meetings.... Mmmmmmmmm.... :-)

Prims By The Water said...

I know you WILL have fun. Looking forward to seeing your new rugs completed.Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
You are ONE BUSY LADY to be sure but you SURE DO HAVE FUN!!!! Enjoy those classes and new rugs, both wonderful!! I feel so badly for you that you won't be able to hook at the Hook In and can only have time for shopping!!! Poor You!!!! Hope you find LOTS OF TREASURES!!!!!
Enjoy your week, my friend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Merry Wind Farm said...

I just LOVE the ship rug!! You sure are having a productive fall! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun!! Melinda