Sunday, September 22, 2019

Catching Up ~ This 'n That


Total randomness today ~

Every 9-11 I post asking that one NEVER forgets what happened to this great Land of ours that day.  I was out of town on the 11th, so better late than never.


Tomorrow fall will officially arrive.  So not happy (like I can do anything about it).  Picture snagged from the internet.


Yesterday was a near perfect day.  A little hot but with a wonderful breeze, hooking on the shores of Lake Erie for the day was heaven.  A small hook in put on by an individual, it is always a first class event.  Thank you, Rita, for this wonderful day.


She kindly asks me to vend each year.  It is so nice because I get to sit and hook all day and people track me down if they want to purchase something :)   A  couple close ups of my goods.



I did some goldenrod dyeing.  I forgot to take a picture before soaking, so here is one of the wet wool.


It's hard to see the difference, but the wool is a subtle yellow color.


After having been MIA for quite some time, my frog has returned.  Marly reports that it's a lithobates clamitans and by its coloring is a female.  Thanks, Marly.  Glad she is back :)


So hard to believe but it's been THREE years since my retirement.  Time flies when you are having fun and I'm having a ball :)

Last but not least.  I have a guest today.  She loves to follow the sun around the dining room.  What a cutie patootie.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren



10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I can not believe it has been 3 years! wow and you have had non stop fun!
9/11 we should never forget.
Cathy

Saundra said...

I cannot talk about 9/11 without getting tears and lump in my throat. There was a conversation at camp in our class room, I started to speak and had to stop.

I've never dyed using goldenrod but would like to try it one day. I have collected a number of avocado pits and looking forward to taking time to use those.

Some good looking jewelry items you have there gal. Wish the photo would have enlarged when I tapped on it but for some reason it wouldn't.

Julia said...

has it really been three years since your retirement? It seems impossible. Time is flying by so fast for me, I can't believe it's almost three years since my daughter passed away also. I still miss her terribly.
Hooking by the water sounds heavenly. Your little patootie looks so cute, following the sun like one of my cats used to do.
Autumn is here already but the leaves are just starting to change. The last three days have been absolutely perfect to work outside.
Have a happy week.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

My three years surely does go by fast and I know you are loving every bit of it! Janice

marly said...

Beautiful soft colors of the wool. We'll be wearing it sooner than we think. Where the heck did September go???? I could sit by that water and just watch it move all day long. Are you naming your frog?

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Love the wool and all of your handmades. I wear mine all the time. Hope you can vend at the Early Homestead show again some day. We miss you. Have a great week.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Thank you for the reminder about 9/11! How sad it is that so many forget! I can still see it and am so grateful for all those who made a difference that day!!
You certainly have enjoyed your retirement and we have enjoyed being able to share all of your fun adventures!! Thanks for taking us along!!!
What a glorious view for a Hook In and so nice that you can vend your wonderful pieces!! Hope you did well!!!
Always love seeing sweet Ernestine, too!!
Enjoy your week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a beautiful place to hook and relax, and being able to vend while there, is a bonus.
I do prefer the cooler temps but it seems the heat is still holding on.

Debbie

The Eveningstitcher said...

It's been almost six years for my retirement....doesn't seem possible! But....I'm having a ball with not working too! Time just goes by way to fast!

Jennie in GA said...

9/11- We must never forget. Your set up always looks so nice!! Sweet Ernestine. Gotta live that sweet face.