Thursday, August 1, 2019

August Craziness Begins ~


Instead of getting on the treadmill in the morning, I am enjoying walks down to Lake Erie.  This is a marina near where DSO lives.  The water was smooth as glass.


A day and a half after I return from Las Vegas, bright and early I will be heading to Millersburg, Ohio, for a hooking retreat.  I will finally be pulling some loops :)  I've decided to start on Diamonds in the Rough, a 24" x 30" pattern by Woolen Memories.  


Most if not all of it will be hooked with worms or those little 2" - 3" wide pieces of wool that also accumulate.  Although sorting worms has been on my to-do list for at least a week, I am finally getting around to it.  I can't believe how many light colored worms I have.  I could hook an entire rug with just them.  These pictures don't really show how many worms there are.  This looks manageable, but it's really not.       




A couple days after the hooking retreat, I will spend a day at Sauder Village since it's rug week, hopefully finally get the motorcycle trip in to Niagara Falls, and then head to Franklin, TN, with a dear friend from college.  WHEW.  My head spins thinking how crazy it will all be.  All self inflicted.  LOVING all of it.  I am so thankful that I am able to do all these things, but I think when August 24th rolls around, I just may collapse for a day or two.

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my home and yard.  Yes, it is a lot of work, but I have been trying to keep up.  I wonder what kind of disaster it will be with all my travels and so little time home in August.  I'm sure the yard fairy will not be showing up :(

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Hopefully "see" you next week.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

I love that rug you are going to be doing!! What a great way to use up just a few of those ever increasing worms!! All of your trips sound like fun, but exhausting. When the end of August arrives you will have lots of new memories and a case of exhaustion. Isn’t retirement great!!

Mugwump Woolies said...

You go girl!!! Sounds like lots of fun...I love Franklin ! Travel safe.
Robyn

acorn hollow said...

Sounds like some kind of wonderful to me! enjoy every minute. dorr mill has been posting about going to Saunder's I like the piece you are going to work on.
Safe trips all around
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

I was getting tired just reading all that you have going on this month. What a jam packed month you have...and I am sure you will have fun! Safe travels. janice

WoolenSails said...

That looks like a beautiful place to walk, I prefer outdoor activity, than working out inside.
That is going to be a beautiful rug to do.

Debbie

Julia said...

Wow, girl, no moss is going to grow on you. So much activity and travel. Your life isn't boring for sure.
Your piles of worms are just the right colors for that rug. It's going to look so nice.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and don't worry about the yard. Mother Nature will take care of it for you.
Have a safe summer. Hugs, Julia

jody said...

Loved the tour of your yard!
Bird baths, vintage containers beautiful flowers oh my! Wow lots of noodles! Nice to get this done! I love the rug your going to hook! I'm looking for a paisley pattern to hook next I think! Love looking thru ideas! Enjoy your day!

Saundra said...

A wonderful design for your worms. AND....looks like a better way to store them than the way I store mine. Maybe one day I'll get the gumption to do it your way. Will need to buy a couple more of that size container tho.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Good thing the heat of August usually causes the yard and gardens to slow down !
Hope you have a fabulous August with wonderful adventures.

NMK said...

Love that rug pattern & your wonderful collection of worms !!! Happy Traveling !!!!

Margaret said...

I hope you have a wonderful time with all your travels and busy-ness! Sounds like fun! It'll be good to have a rest come the 24th too though. Love the rug pattern you picked out. So pretty!