Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Vacation Goodes ~


I can't believe it's taken me almost a week to take pictures of the goodies that came home with me.  Even though I no longer have a day job (woo hoo), there still aren't enough hours in the day.
 
The best thing that came home with me is my pincushion from Julie.  If you've ever been fortunate enough to acquire a piece of her work, you know it is perfection.



Thank you, thank you, thank you, Julie.  It will reside in my hooking room where I spend most of my free time and can admire it daily.
 
I love pressed glass goblets.  A good ballpark date on them is the 1860's - 1880's.  They were made with a 3 part mold and you can see the mold marks on the bottom (but not in the picture).  I have way too many, but I use them for everyday wine glasses.  How could I pass them up for fifty cents each?


Giant stone fruit grapes on a white ironstone plate marked Meakin that I also bought.


Another spice cabinet that I needed like I need another hole in the head, but hey, it was a REALLY good deal, even though not as old as my others.  You can read about the others here.  Not sure where I can fit this in.  A terrible problem to have :)  Stoneware salt to add to my collection which now numbers four and the first with a lid.  Shouldn't things always be an odd number?  May have to find one more . . . lol!  OOPS!  My other 3 are stoneware butters.  This is my first salt.  The start of a new collection :)


I was so happy to find these paper mache turkeys at Greenwood Mercantile in Greenwood, MO.  The one in the center is a candy container marked US Zone Germany and the others are marked Germany.  My flock is growing and will come down from the attic next week.
 
 
Sweet little pin cube and decorative scissors that are really sharp, sitting on a piece of vintage velvet ~ also from Julie.


I have no idea what I will do with this (most likely tuck it in a drawer), but another one of those bargains ($1.00) that I just could not leave behind, dated 1948.


I also got a black darner and some silverplate spoons.  I gathered many rocks from the places we stopped and gave them to my grandson and he loved them.  Also brought home a branch with several large pinecones attached (thinking about the "C" season) and this . . .


Both my son and DSO gave me "the look" when I picked this up in the desert near an abandoned  mine my son was showing us.  Disbelief when I said I was going to take it home :)  Well, a few days later in an antique shop they had some nearly identical rusty springs just a bit bigger and they were asking $55.00 for them.  I have no idea if I will take it apart to use the springs or figure out some other use for it . . . or it just may end up in the garage with lots of other useless stuff (like the large broken insulator that also came home with me).
 
Thank you so much for following us on our travels and for all the sweet comments and emails.  Though blogging seems to be dying, you all make it worthwhile and for that I thank you :)

Pug hugs :)
Lauren

18 comments:

Glenda said...

such nice goodies. I love children books, toys, and hankerchiefs . There is such a sweetest for anything to do with a child.

WoolenSails said...

Lots of wonderful goodies and I love the springs, lol.
One time we were hiking and i found a really nice one and my husband gave me a hard time so I chucked it back, won't do that again;)

Debbie

marly said...

Great finds. GREAT! You've been home for a week? Where is time going?

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
I'm thrilled that the pincushion will live where you can enjoy it!!! You found some wonderful treasures on your travels and it's nice you could add to your collections and even start a new one!! Those bed springs were well worth bringing home!! They make such great display pieces!!
Thank you for your very generous words, too!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Saundra said...

That pincushion is heavenly and handiwork at its finest. Lucky you.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! Wonderful finds. I love to poke around out in the desert, you never know what you may find! Your pincushion is lovely. I so enjoyed your trip. It gave me a few ideas of just where I may need to go!

Jo said...

You brought home lots of awesome goodies! What a great find with the old bedsprings! So many ideas & ways to use them. Quite a conversation piece to just leave in 1 piece! Anxious to see how you use them, do not put them out in the garage!! My siblings always would give me the same look when I pulled "stuff" out of our dad's barn!

Unknown said...

These are all great finds! You will be needing a bigger house if you keep finding so many treasures!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow...have I missed a lot! Sounds like you are enjoying retirement! Went back and read all about your trip...such adventures! Glad you spent some time with sweet Julie...love your pin keep! I seem to be having trouble with blogging these day, but I always want to jump back in when I finally do get around to visiting my favorites. Thanks for sharing all the fun and the goodies, too.
Robyn

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

awesome goodies! loving that bedspring :)
L

Farm Girl said...

I know, Ron looks at me so funny with the things I bring home. I am so glad you were able to find that people were paying 55 dollars for them. I love your treasures so much. I found three turkeys when we went looking round. I love turkeys.
I did enjoy your pictures and your vacation very much. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself being home. That is so nice to hear. Have a lovely Wednesday.

Jacqueline said...

Great goodies. The hunt is more fun than the find sometimes.

woolwoman said...

great to see your treasures from the road and your hooking projects even though you didn't hook that 8 x 10 you thought you'd hook :) hugs mel

acorn hollow said...

Oh love your finds! stop bragging that you have no regular job I can't take it. JK
Cathy

Three Sheep Studio said...

Wow, what a stash !
I've been looking for bed springs that are still connected. They make a good stand for notes, pictures and bits of wool and fiber that I keep in view. Lucky you !
Rose

Margaret said...

So much fun to see all your treasures! Very fun! Had to laugh at the reaction to your bedsprings find. lol!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I liked all your new treasures. I went to greenwood Missouri with a couple ladies recently also.
All your treasures reminds me of years ago when I wanted my entire house in primitives

Earlene said...

Awsome finds Lauren!!!! Funny story about the springs, good for you!