Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween ~



~ ~ ~ Happy Halloween ~ ~ ~
 
Here are a few of my Halloween hooked rugs. 
 
Hooked last year, this is a pattern by Spruce Ridge Studios adapted from a drawing by Lori Brechlin.  It really is not as crooked as it appears.


This Jack was hooked at the ATHA biennial in Lancaster, PA in 2011, I believe.  I think this is the first time I ever used purple in a rug.  I am so NOT a purple person.  It was a class with Maria Barton of Star Rug Company.  What a delightful teacher.  If you ever have the opportunity, be sure to take a class with her.
 
 
Little mat I designed and hooked in 2006.
 
 
Heavens to Betsy style pumpkin hooked with handtorn strips.
 
 
Patchwork back.
 
 
Pattern by Lori Brechlin punched in 2007.  (I think I need to stain this a bit.)


Progress day one.  I decided to hook Ned.  I'm using 9's and 9 1/2's so it's progressing quickly.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Happy Halloween Lauren...as always beautiful rugs...Hugs...

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful Halloween rugs, I need to make some for next year, I sold all mine. Love how Ned is coming out, that is a fun design to do.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

wow you got a lot done on Ned! Love your Halloween rugs.
Cathy

Angela Tucker said...

I hope you had a wonderful Halloween...first, I fell in love with your little white pumpkin. Then I saw your green pumpkin...okay, I love them all! LOL

The Eveningstitcher said...

Loving all your rugs and especially the needle punch project....so sweet!!

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Halloween Lauren, love the rugs, you are very talented.Blessings Francine.

Farm Girl said...

Wow what a feast for the eyes!! I do love your hooking and your rugs. I hope you had a lovely Halloween.

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for the show.. love seeing your rugs.

woolwoman said...

great work Lauren - just have to dirty up that pretty Jack don't you ! (wink)
love and hugs Mel

Saundra said...

Holy Moly Lauren, you have hooked a LOT. Me thinks me needs to use #9 more often. Looks great!!!!!

village folk art said...

Lauren your work is beautiful. I am struggling with my first...hope I do not get too discouraged.

Thanks for the inspiration,
Barb

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am loving all these festive rugs !
What a nice collection - Autumn perfection.
Rose