Saturday, October 1, 2016

2000+ Miles ~


We've travelled over 2000 miles since Monday.  A couple days have been heavy travel days, but we did spend a half day in Greenwood, Missouri.  It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, but there were 5 or 6 antique shops in very close proximity.  We stopped at Greenwood Mercantile where Anita White sells her wool.  She had beautiful wool, but I opted to buy a few small antiques instead.  That was the best shop by far, though I did find a few treasures at the other shops.  My goods are lost somewhere in the SUV.  No one can ever accuse us of traveling lightly :)

The aspen trees were magnificent heading west on Interstate 70 in Colorado.


Saundra, those are not orbs.  They are raindrops on the window :)




We had planned to spend the night in Grand Junction, Colorado, but with 2 major event taking place and it being a Friday, there was not a room to be had anywhere.  We had to drive an additional 100 miles to Moab, Utah.  What a lucky misfortune!  Moab is home to Arches National Park and Canyonland National Park.  We only had time to head to Arches.  I am just in awe of the park.  Pictures do not do the beauty justice.












Doesn't this rock silhouette appear to be an Indian face?


Using your imagination, doesn't the rock in the center look like an elephant?





Driving to Chinle, Arizona, we could see rain in the distance and then this cool vertical rainbow.  The picture was taken from our moving vehicle.


The setting sun was beautiful.


We stopped at a grocery store here in Chinle.  A fact I did not know.  Chinle is on an Indian reservation and alcohol is not sold on the reservation.  The nearest place to buy wine is about an hour and a half from here.

Progress has been made on my scrappy mat even though hooking is a little slow in the car.  What I've hooked so far measures 12" x 24".  12" to go.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

village folk art said...

There is so much beauty here in the states...why would anyone want to venture else where. Looks like you are having an awesome trip. Thanks for the updates. I feel like I'm on vaca with all your great photos too.
Enjoy...
Barb

Saundra said...

Well darn, and here I was hoping those were hundreds of angels travelling with you. Gorgeous rock formations; no wonder you aren't hooking as much, just too much beauty to behold.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Wonderful photos of our beautiful country! So happy you found some treasures along the way!! Stay safe and "ease on down the road" my friend! Your hooking is looking good!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

acorn hollow said...

the trees are a pretty yellow. and that park is wonderful.
I hope you found some wine.
cathy

Julia said...

Beauty is everywhere. What amazing rock formations.
With so much to see, it certainly not a crime to let go of hooking for a bit.
Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Hugs,
Julia

Farm Girl said...

Its beautiful!!! I have wanted to go to Utah for so long to see the parks there. I bet you have made it to California by now. I am glad you are here this week. I hope it is just beautiful while you are here. Lovely pictures of your trip.

Gayle said...

Yay! You're in MY part of the country! Moab is such an awesome place to visit. We took our ATVs a few years ago to ride and had so much fun. You should do a google search for the Unicycle Festival on the Slickrock - amazing stuff they do!

Angela Tucker said...

Your pictures are amazing! Utah is so incredible. I went through last May on my way to Iowa. I definitely want to go back. The whole state looks like the Grand Canyon! LOL Oh, if you run out of room in the car, every shop I've ever visited has offered to mail my purchases to my home. LOL LOL LOL