Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My current project

This is the latest project I am working on. The cats are from a Polly Minick/Laurie Simpson book and the background I am using is one often seen on the reproduction rug so many wonderful hookers have done. The background is a combination of seven different dark tan wools plus a few shades of black here and there. This is by far the largest rug I have worked on to date. It will probably end up being about 20 x 33 inches.


I am probably the world’s slowest hooker. I have been working on this since the end of March. In my defense, though, I have completed a few small pieces.
Here is the freebie sheep pattern I needle punched, offered by Betty over at primitivesbettys. Thanks Betty!



I had a small piece of linen I needed to use up so I hooked this little 5½ x 12 inch mat. I still haven’t finished it, but will work on the technique I learned from Alice over at Folk Art Primitives. Thanks, Alice ;-)

And lastly, I did this little punch needle piece for my dear friend Belinda who just had a milestone birthday. (Belinda, if you’re reading this, STOP!)




Thank you again for stopping by and happy hooking!
Lauren

3 comments:

The Wool Cupboard said...

Lauren, The cat rug looks great so far. Can't wait to see it finished! Your needlepunched sheep is too cute - love the colors you have chosen.
Linda/TheWoolCupboard

primitivebettys said...

I love that kitty rug pattern & you are doing a great job! :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Linda and Betty,
Thank you for the kind words ;-)
Please stop back again soon!
Lauren