Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hooking at the library!



Last fall I found a wonderful group of ladies to hook with who meet at the Fairview Park Library. They are so very talented and inspire me! I want to hook like them when I grow up! I have been having some issues with pictures enlarging when you click on them, so I do hope it will work so you can see the detail and gorgeous wools that have been used. The top picture shows Lisa (on left) holding the rug she needs to finish by Thursday to give a friend she will be visiting. Good luck Lisa. Hook fast. With her is Karin.


This is Carol with her unbelievably HUGE rug.


Sylvia is almost done with her oh so sweet bunny.


Deanna is hooking a super long runner in the most gorgeous of colors.


Here's Heidi with her very colorful "Yellow Submarine" rug. Note the Beatles names.


Candy is chillin' with her snowmen rug.


Polly is working on the sweetest rug for her daughter.

Marian is nearing completion on a great fall rug.

Last but not least is Mitsuko's rug, Magdalena's dog and crows. It is phenomenal!
I hope you enjoyed the show.
Happy hooking to all of you ;-)
Lauren

7 comments:

Cynthia*~* said...

Beautiful !! :)

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Hi Lauren ~ great pictures and yes, those rugs are all great!! I know many of the ladies in the pictures ~ some of them have been here to hook and I even got a couple of them started on their hooking! Looks like a great group ~ say hi to them for me!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Cynthia ~ Yes, the rugs are beautiful!

Alice ~ Several of the ladies have mentioned they have learned from you or hooked with you. I guess you hookers tend to stick together...lol!

Lauren

woolwoman said...

Lauren - thanks for your kind comments on our break in - Love the photos of your hooking groups rugs. Deanna's rug particularly caught my interest - Do you happen to know if it is a commerical pattern? Any details you could give me I would appreciate - like I need another rug canvas LOL - Melody

Rugs and Pugs said...

Melody ~
I don't have any information on Deanna's rug, but I will try to get some information for you, but it may not be until next month. Thanks for stopping by.
Lauren

Karin said...

Lauren, I am so glad I found your blog.The pictures turned out great. See you in July!! Karin

Rugs and Pugs said...

Karin ~
Glad you stopped by ;-) Looking forward to seeing what you are working on. You are so talented!
Lauren