Sunday, July 17, 2022

Leaves of Three ~

 

Once again a few poison ivy plants were creeping under the fence from the neighbor's yard.  I finally decided they must go!  I donned disposable gloves, tore it out and headed in the house to thoroughly wash my arms with dish soap.  I thought I was good.  NOT!!!  Thankfully I found the prescription cream leftover from last year so hopefully I can get some relief.  And to think when I moved here 20+ years ago I tore so much out without issue.  Our bodies sure do change as we age 😩

I am still just spinning my wheels.  Have not had hook in hand.  A  few more things are made for Sauder but not nearly what I hope to accomplish.  I guess I just need to accept that it is what it is and to stop stressing over it.  BUT . . . I will get a three day break this week when I head off to hook in Millersburg.

Here is a sampling of pumpkins on old coverlet pieces.  I have ten done but hope to make more.  They are so simple but take more time than I care to admit.

I bought a little birdbath the other day.  A fun addition to the yard.  There is a local guy who does stone carving.  I hadn't stopped in a few years and his skills have gotten better and better.    



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

Saundra said...

You had me itching just at the mention of the 'leaves of three'.

NMK said...

Poison Ivy is thriving! Hope you feel better soon from that nasty plant !!!
Love you Pumpkins !!!!!

acorn hollow said...

Oh no so sorry about the poison ivy. Lucky you a get away. Enjoy
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

My mom swore I could catch poison ivy just by looking at it. I hope that doesn't apply to photographs of it. Hope it goes away quickly. Love your new birth bath!! Sounds like a fun neighbor to have! ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

So sorry about the bout of poison ivy. What a fun birdbath. What a fun idea with the antique coverlet pieces. Will these be made into a little pillow tuck or just left as is? Janice

marly said...

We have been loaded with ivy for many years, all sides. Roundup is what we use now, we never got enough of the vining root. Some vines have the smooth edge, some as pictured. And I killed a ton of a similar looking plant that is prevalent here. I just read that cider vinegar soaked brown paper laid over the rash is an excellent remedy. But there's a lot of disinformation printed isn't there?

JustGail said...

I'm fortunate to not have poison ivy in my yard. SO far, but after that blasted bindweed made an appearance out of the blue a few years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if ivy does show up. What's sad is I'd probably not even think about what it is and dive right in while weeding. I had one small spot of it as a child, that was enough for me. I hope you find relief and recover soon.
Yeah, autocorrect ungh! You can tell those who program it have no clue about sewing, needlework, or gardening. Your coverlet Jacks are so cute.

Farm Girl said...

I am so sorry about that poison ivy. I am so glad we don't have it. I love those coverlet pumpkins you have made. They are so cute. I hope that soon you get to pick up a hook soon.