Monday, July 25, 2022

Back to Reality ~

It took me until 11:00 pm Wednesday to finally get packed and I remembered everything I was to take.  Normally I'd say we have 12-14 people at the retreat.  This time there was only 6 of us, but a good time was had by all.

Check out the name of this rug.  Isn't it fun?  Lee made great progress.


She chose the perfect wool for Samson!


Vicki is super hooker.  She started and finished this . . . in record time . . . and then was working on finishing some hearts she had cross stitched.  I purchased this pattern last winter so hopefully she has inspired me to hook it.  Saundra also hooked this last year.


These rugs were all started in the Sally Kalin class in June.

Melissa's sheep . . . 


Lynn's kitty . . . 


Carole's houses . . .


Part of my time was spent working on more applique pumpkins, but I finally found made time to hook a bit on Love Birds, also started in Sally's class.  


There is a very trendy shop downtown Millersburg.  I am no fashion maven.  Check these out.  I would not be caught dead in these (and I am sure they are outrageously expensive), but two of the hookers said their daughters would wear them.



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

jody said...

sounds like you had a nice time! always fun to be with fellow hookers im sure! always fun to see what others are working on.
i dont know of anyone up in this area that hooks.. one gal who worked at the quilt shop would like to learn. i did tell her to call me and we could figure it out together. i see your next stop will be Sauder! i wish i would have planned earlier. its 13 hours from here. maybe next year!
thank you for your input on my rug. i did use smaller cut noodles and that did the trick. just wanted to see how others were taught.
settle in now and enjoy your week!

acorn hollow said...

I love the rugs so sweet the Sampson one you are right the perfect name.
No I would not wear those pants and I do not think my daughter would
why do you think attendance is low at the hook ins? It is happening here too.
Cathy

Saundra said...

What perfect wool for Sampson and great spin on the name. Glad you 'found' time to hook on your love birds rug and NO, I wouldn't spend the money for those jeans. Don't think my DIL would either.

Julia said...

You're right, the perfect wool for that donkey. Your love birds rug is coming along well. Low attendance may be due to older people getting used to staying home since Covid or the increased price of everything and gas to travel.

My goodness, those bell-bottom jeans look like someone got attacked by a Tasmanian dirt devil on their way to a Halloween party. I wouldn't be caught dead in those. I don't know of anyone who would wear them either, certainly none of my daughters. lol

Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

Beautiful rugs and such nice patterns. I don't think I would like those clothes either.
Thank you so much for your sweet card. It was much appreciated.
So glad you had a nice time.

NMK said...

Love seeing people's rug hooking & the colors they choose ...that Donkey is Awesome !!!
I'm afraid Covid is going to affect everything we can & should not do again ....UGH
Those jeans are ridiculous ! But there are crazy people out there who will spend outrageous money for those !
Your Love Birds is looking Beautiful !!!

Prims By The Water said...

I wish I was retired. Counting the months though now. I am waiting til I am 65. Love all these rugs! I would noy be caught dead in those jeans...nor alive. LOL Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

LMBO...Love the name "Sampson and the Dahlias".... Almost makes me want to hook it just because of that. (Ok, talked myself out of that bad idea.) All fun rugs...and MD inspired me to purchase the Winter Buddies pattern last year too.... One of these days... Sigh. Can't believe she hooked that in so many days. YIKES. When you see her next, tell her I said she is an overachiever. Love Birds is coming along nicely. Can't believe you're off "playing" when Sauder looms. KIDDING! Just keeping you motivated LOL. The jeans, ummm, no. I have ripped and torn, but it would take an entirely new lifetime for me to embrace bell bottoms again. Just saying. ~Robin~

susan hemann said...

Lovely rugs! I wouldn't wear those pants either! Nor would I pay for them. If I want to shred my clothes, iI would take them from my own closet. lol

I wanted to let you know I'm having a garage sale the 4th-6th of August. Message me if you want to come. I'm selling a lot of craft supplies, some hooking, tons of cotton fabric, etc...

marly said...

I would trip on those pants. The more destruction, the more they cost.