Saturday, July 2, 2022

Love Birds ~

I have made a (very) little progress on Love Birds.  I am trying to hook a half hour a day and I even have a hard time finding that much time to spare 😖

Saundra recently posted about using "ugly" wool and how wonderfully it can hook up.  Sally chose this wool and my first reaction was butt ugly.  But I love the way it hooked up!  It is in the triangle area to the right of the wool.  (Someday . . . sigh . . . I would love to learn to take better photos to capture the true colors of the wool.  The wool is darker than it is showing.)

A little more about the fragment rugs.  Several of you commented that you could not see anything special/different about the rugs.  When you actually view the rugs, you can see that they look O.L.D. and the feel is something you would not believe.  They are so soft and supple.  They just have an old look/feel to them.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Love how Love Birds is turning out, and especially like the blue/purple in the bird and the splash of it toward the bottom. Goodness, that isn't an ugly piece of wool at all, I love it.

You are right about the feel and appearance of fragment style hooked rugs.

NMK said...

Your Love Birds looks beautiful !

Would Love to see a fragmented rug in person some day ! Sounds pretty special .

Happy 4th of July !!!!

Julia said...

Dear Lauren, in order to find the time to hook up, you need to retire from retirement I think. Your Love Birds ale looking lovely and I agree with Saundra, I see nothing ugly or butt ugly in that piece of wool and the triangle is also looking great and blends right in.

I never heard about the fragmented rug hooking method and I was wondering if they are durable since they use burlap for foundation? Maybe they wash the rug after hooking and use some fabric softener to coat the fibers so they will be less friction against the fibers. You got me curious with this top-secret thing. I love solving problems and I have a curiosity to know how things are made.

A Happy 4th of July to you too.

PS. I'll feed you when you are starving...
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

That did hook up nicely. I can't seem to get out of my own way so I am worse off I am sure you are busy on other things
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

Your rug is coming along nicely, I love the vintage colors. Enjoyed seeing the rug show, lots of inspiration.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am absolutely loving your love birds....those colors are so dark and moody, yet rich. And I personally think that wool is beautiful. It looks like some that I almost had to arm wrestle someone for. Have a great 4th my friend. ~Robin~

Prims By The Water said...

I so love that ugly wool. Makes the rug more primitive looking! Hope you had a great 4th of July! Janice