Friday, March 25, 2022

Friyay ~


Well, if I was a working girl I would be so happy that today is Friday, but being retired (YEAH!) every day can be my Friday if I so choose.  I am so thankful to no longer be working.  There was an obituary in the paper the other day . . . a 67 year old woman, retired ONE MONTH, and she died unexpectedly.  I truly feel blessed as they say.  Last week I had a birthday.  I am still trying to figure out how I got to be this old, but hey, some people don't get to celebrate this milestone.

Somehow this week just disappeared (like most weeks) and I have been doing a little of this and a little of that.  We did have a nice day or two so a little more yard work has been accomplished.  The 10 day forecast is not too promising.

I am finally back to hooking on The Poser, an antique adaptation started in a class with Cathy Stephan last June.  I haven't decided if I like the light wool I am using around the chicken.  Sometimes it looks way too light (like in this picture).  Other times not so much.  It is actually four different grey-ish wools.

I am also working on some sunflowers that will be attached to old bedsprings.  A couple of them will go to my hooking guild as table favors for our hook in.

A fall design I am working on.  The border lines are not wonky like they look in the picture 😁  This is a very old free pattern from the Wool Cupboard and can be found here.

Finally . . . the dreaded binding.  Dancing Bunnies is first in the queue to be bound.  Ole Jack . . . well, who know when I will get to that.

I hope all is well in your little corner of the world.  
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Happy Friday to you too!! I am so glad I don't have any binding to do. I can hook right now with a clean conscience. Haha. I hope you have a great weekend. I would gladly trade weather. Not ready for this. :)
Maybe I should move to Ohio. :) Have fun hooking, I love every thing you are working on, I just love seeing your perfect loops. Everything is always so even and uniform.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy FriYay to you GT... I thought I was the only one who said that LOL. Like Kim, I never tire of drooling over...er, looking at...your perfectly perfect hooking. I think he is looking fantastic. I have that little cat design printed out in a pile...someplace...to do....sometime. 😬 Haven't picked up my hook since I last went to Cat's. For shame. No yard work here...it's snowing...again. And nothing good in the forecast either. Low temps in the single digits again. Such is spring in Nod. I hope your "big" birthday was special. Heaven knows I did nothing to make it so. 😳 ~et~

Julia said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lauren... Hope you were celebrated. I'm finding that I also do a little of this and a little of that and my head is spinning at the speed the time is going. It's almost eerie... I picked up my hook only twice this week but didn't hook for long as I was needed somewhere else. I need daylight to hook as I can't differentiate the light blue shades as they are very subtle.

Yes, your perfect loops are intimidating to me but I admire them and your eagle is looking great.

Gloomy, rainy weather here but I saw two robins yesterday... Just too wet for yard work.

Enjoy the weekend.
Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

You remind me of my family when I start waffling on retiring. My daughter I swear saves up obituaries of people near my age just to recite them to me when I say I am not quite sure yet.
They want me done and enjoying. I like the lighter color such a wonderful rug.
We still have some snow so no clean up here. Plus I don't want to disturb anything to early here I want the fireflies to hatch a big batch this year. Summer porch sitting watching fireflies is just the best.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Okay, enough already on Lauren's PERFECT loops. And while it pains me to say it, she DOES have perfect loops. Everything you hook looks great.
Oh my dear Lauren, I recall the days you questioned whether or not to retire early. Am quite pleased you don't regret my advice to retiring early as I did. Yes, every day is a weekend for us. Tho you go more than me, but then you're still a young'n.

Prims By The Water said...

I have known a few co-workers who passed away right after they retired. So sad. So glad you can celebrate Fri-Yay every day. Someday I hope to. I always enjoy seeing what you are up to in the hooking department. Hope you have a hooking fun weekend! Snow and rain in our forecast. Janice

marly said...

Oh Lauren I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Whatever the milestone was! Hope we had a nice day with your favorite treats.

Jennie in GA said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Hope it was a great one.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

You could always leave the wools and add some walnut stain here and there. I love the colours based on this picture. Happy Birthday!!!!

JustGail said...

Happy Birthday late! I hope the day was good.
That's too bad about those who die so soon after retirement. Then I wonder how many that happens to were kept going by their job - too busy to die as the old joke goes. Cathy - that's funny about your daughter with the obituaries.
I retired 2 1/2 years ago, no regrets, other than I'm not getting nearly as much done as I thought I would. I spend too much time reading blogs, and thinking "I can do that tomorrow". I confess I do miss the paycheck - after decades of squirreling away for retirement, it's odd to get comfortable with the idea of using those funds now. I also miss some of the coworkers, and stores with sewing and needlework supplies so close to work for easy shopping therapy on the way home. I do NOT miss the drive, being an hour from home, some of the people, or being so close to stores for shopping therapy.

Unknown said...

Yep. That's Lauren with the perfect loops. She started to teach me to hook last year. I love it. I show her my pieces and complain about how lousy my loops look compared to hers. She just says " what do you expect, I've been hooking for 20 years. " I tell her I want to be perfect like her Right Now! She has been a good teacher. We have been friends over 30 years. I've also admired all the really great crafting She has done.
I have the Perfect 70 year old friend. Happy Birthday 🎂

WoolenSails said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Love both of the new rugs you are working on.

Debbie