Sunday, March 20, 2022

Happy Spring ~



I am so happy to have spring finally arrive in northern Ohio.  The days are typical Ohio ~ some beautiful and some not so beautiful!  I have actually gotten some yard cleanup done.  I think this is the earliest I have ever accomplished so much.  Daffodils are blooming in the house and will soon be blooming in the yard.  


Dancing Bunnies is FINALLY hooked.  I am one of those hookers who enjoys hooking mindless background, but even though this mat is only 24' x 20 1/2", the background seemed to take forever.  It is now added to the growing pile of hooked pieces needing the dreaded binding.

I thought I would share the wool used for the background.  I love how a plaid can hook up.  (It is an older wool so if you try to find it, it may be difficult.)  I did not want to outline the bunnies, so it was hard to find a wool that would work.  I could not go light because of the white bunny and could not go dark because of the red and blue bunnies.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

12 comments:

Saundra said...

That choice of background wool worked perfectly! Kudos.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your dancing bunnies turned out WONDERFUL!! I would have expected nothing less. And I did not know you had hooked Welcome Cats?? I assume that is what is the backdrop on your "spring" photo?? I should have known LOL. And I spy a chocolate mold or two.... 😉 ~et~

Penny said...

So perfect!

NMK said...

Oh your plaid wool is just perfect !!!! Love your Bunnies !!!!
Happy Spring !!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

I actually used this same wool for one of my bunnies. Love your newest version of the bunnies too!!! Happy Spring. Janice

marly said...

Adorable! Don't feel bad about adding to the pile for binding. Stitchers have a probably larger pile of finished pieces waiting for framing. Spring is here and procrastinating has me once again with no completed house projects to greet it.

I thought the "snow mower" was a winner too.

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!

Farm Girl said...

I love your red, white and blue bunnies! That flag and star are just perfect. I love that plaid wool. It hooked up so nice. Yes, I think of you and I know you are doing the happy dance about spring and getting back to more sun in your day.
I hope this is the best week!

Jennie in GA said...

That rug turned out so cute. Love all of the motion you got in your background with that wool and your directional hooking. And so clever to make the bunnies red, white and blue!!! I have already been out cleaning my beds as well. Our daffodils have come and gone. Our dogwoods are blooming out now. Unfortunately, the cold snap we had really hurt the azaleas. Have a great week!!!

Julia said...

Your spring weather is more advanced than ours here but spring is in the air.

I love that plaid and it looks perfect for your bunnies. I love how it swirls and moves and it looks so magical.

I'm hoping to be able to pick up my hook this evening now that I have some free evenings to hook but my house needs cleaning and tidying up. What to do, hook, or clean?

Enjoy the spring weather. My yard is still wet as we had some wet weather again.


Hugs, Julia



WoolenSails said...

Still waiting for things to bloom here but some stray purple flowers popped up this week. I think the birds left the seeds since I never had those type. Love the background, great wool to use. I have something similar in my stash, will have to try that on a piece.

Debbie

JustGail said...

Your bunnies are Sweeeeeet! Love the patriotic twist you added to the pattern. And thanks for showing the background fabric before it was cut. I'd not have thought a plaid could look like it does. Maybe it's sort of like the quilters say - if a fabric is too wild, cut it smaller.