Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Dancing Bunnies ~

 

Progress is being made on my Dancing Bunnies rug.  I have a little tweaking to do . . . change eye color, flagpole and I am not sure about the star in the canton.  It looks better in the photo than it does in person.  I used Saundra's tutorial on how to hook a Kris Miller star.  You can read about it here.  Then on to background.

Yesterday I was off hooking for a good part of the day.  Tomorrow I leave for three days of hooking with the Twenty Dollar Hookers in Millersburg, OH.  (Guess who has not started to pack.)  Always a fun time with like minded souls.  And I wonder why I can't get much done at home . . . sigh.  Going off to "play" is much more fun than being a responsible grown up 😁

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

How fun to change it up to an Americana theme! Sure wish I had thought of that as I so am not a green person. LOL Have fun hooking! Get packed already so you can go. :-) Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...I am completely and utterly in LOVE with this!!!!! GAH!!! Mark my words well: This is going to become a classic and rehooked a shi*load of times!! I've been curious "where you were headed" ever since I saw MD's comment about knowing where you were going by how you had named the photo... I cannot see the photo names others use....even when I click on them to enlarge, etc....so I couldn't "peek," but I should have known you'd find the perfect "twist." Have fun hooking...AGAIN...!!!! ~et~

Saundra said...

Beautiful "Patriotic Rabbits" and perfect #9 cut star...thanks Kris! I'm sure you will have fun and hope the trip isn't far away as it will cost you a fortune to fill up your gas tank. But not nearly as costly as it will be in another few weeks.
Am looking forward to all the photos you'll be taking while there.

acorn hollow said...

Well your star looks wonderful from here. Lucky you getting to play tell us all about it.
Cathy

Julia said...

I love your patriotic dancing bunnies. What a great idea. Like Robin said, it's going to become a classic. You are so smart.

Have fun with your like-minded friends and have a safe trip.

Hugs,
Julia

NMK said...

Oh my gosh LOVE your flag & star !!! This is just so cute !!! Have a great time at your Hook-In !!!!

Farm Girl said...

Wow, Lauren I love those bunnies and that star is perfect!! It is much more fun to run off and play hooky. Haha, that is a funny pun. Sorry, I never make puns. I hope the weather is nice. So glad you posted your bunnies. Have fun.

marly said...

Guess you already left, have a good time. Seems like there are quite a few events for hookers that you get to participate in. Enjoy! Be safe.

Jennie in GA said...

That’s so adorable with the flag. And I think that your star looks perfect. Lucky you, going off to hook again!!! Have fun.

JustGail said...

I like your addition to the bunnies! Responsible adults know it's important to go play sometimes. At least those who go to rug hook-ins, needlework, or quilt get-aways have something to show for it, unlike those who spend hours every weekend watching or attending one sporting events.