Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Last of the Sauder Rugs ~

By no means did I take pictures of all the rugs in the show at Sauder Village.  Every year it seems to take me forever to get them posted.  Here are the last of them.  Some are Celebration rugs, some not.  Sorry I did not keep better track of which was which.








Jan is a friend of a South Carolina friend.  She was spending the week at Sauder so I was able to track her down and meet her.  What a pleasant visit we had.  Short but sweet since she had to get back to class.  Jan also hooked the Simpson Hardware rug shown in a previous post.









I know I've shown this rug before but I am totally gobsmacked every time I see it.  Now that is talent!!!







Last but not least is friend/local shop owner Connie Bradley's rug that is a Celebration rug.  She is the most amazing hooker.  She can hook anything from a 2-3 to a wide cut and it is all equally beautiful.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

When you see those amazing rugs I know now I just fiddle with rug hooking. Crazy amazing talent
Cathy

Saundra said...

I have so many favorites in the rugs you showed and strangely think they were all narrow cut ~ not that I'd want to do those myself tho. Connie's rug is absolutely beautifully detailed, I'm still in awe of the Semper Fi rug each time you post it so keep on posting it; another I loved was the man using an anvil with his dog watching. Oh, and another which I couldn't take my eyes off of was the profile of the African woman using fabric as her head wrap, oh my!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

These quilts are amazing--such talent, creativity and skill.

Julia said...

Again, so many absolutely amazing rugs. That ram must be breathing, it looks so real.
The patience it must take to hook those beauties with so many nuances of color. Just spectacular.
Thanks again for bringing us these stunning rugs every year. The talents are out of this world.

I hope the sun is shining where you are. It's beautiful and sunny here this morning.
Hugs, Julia

NMK said...

Wow these are just amazing !!!! Can't even imagine hooking all the little details , just stunning ! Thank you again for sharing !

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What talent! Almost as good as being there too

Jennie in GA said...

So glad you got to meet Jan. I see her at Caraway every year and have enjoyed her. That Marine rug brings tears to my eyes. So much talent. Thanks for sharing them all.

Quayceetatter said...

Thank you for sharing all those pictures!!! I enjoyed the show and they are all awesome!!! Happy Hooking.

Prims By The Water said...

What AMAZING rugs. Thanks for sharing all of the talented hookers out there. Such a delight looking at what others hook. Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

I agree 1000% with Cathy (Acorn Hollow)'s comment, except I am not sure now that my hooking even rises to the level of "fiddling". So much crazy mad talent....Many, many, jaw-dropping favorites, but I am just absolutely dumbstruck by that ram with the bird. Wow...Just freaking wow. ~Robin~