Tuesday, August 11, 2020

(Zombie) Jack's Crow ~



The hooking is finally done on Jack's Crow.  I think Jack looks like a zombie :)  


I'm not sure how I am going to finish it.  Terri did this fun finish on hers.  It looks like it would be easy and fast to do.


It was suggested I hook my initials in this funky little rectangle.  I tried . . . and I tried . . . and I tried again but it just didn't look right so I gave up :(


The pattern can be found here.

I was scheduled to have a class with Laurie Lausen of Wooly Red Rug at the end of September through a guild I belong to.  No surprise that it has been cancelled.

Well, "old blogger" came up so this post is being done with it.  I need to figure out where "new blogger" went . . . sigh.

Thanks so much for stopping by. 
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Jacqueline said...

I like your Jack. Think I might have to do this one too. I do like the finishing idea! I am a sucker for Fall themed projects.

WoolenSails said...

Love your jack, funny how no matter what the design looks like, each of us do a slight change and it becomes our own, especially on faces. I went back to old, the new one has too many confusing things on the pages.

Debbie

newburyarts said...

Eye centers are way too bright.
Remember to not let anything "bullseye" on a rug no matter the design. The eye must travel around like visualizing the "s" curve.
Try some old gold and see how it changes the effect. Otherwise its a great little mat and excellent hooking techniwue. Also white, blue and black are very difficult to put into a rug.
You might want to change his shirt...but the "eyes" are the real culprit.
Good luck!

Prims By The Water said...

Love the joke. Thanks for the laugh! So sorry to hear another event was cancelled. Janice

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Great colour choices! We are planning a Europe trip for next summer. Doubtful even about that

acorn hollow said...

great joke! I like jack I did buy him and couple of others from her. I hate the new blogger maybe they were trying to fix the issues.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love, love, love your Jack!! Zombie??? Well, perhaps a bit....but I have a soft spot for zombies LOL. Still trudging away on The Beast....and haven't even allowed myself to think beyond that at this point. Huge sigh. ~Robin~

Doxiemom said...

Love Jack and his crow! Nice hooking. ;)

The Eveningstitcher said...

The rug is so cool!!! I like his zombie eyes!!

marly said...

I love him!! That finish would be perfect but I'd use black and as always, great great background. Too bad this isn't charted for cross stitch.

Jennie in GA said...

Love that little mat. I think maybe Jack is afraid he is going to be infected by covid since he has no mask.

Farm Girl said...

Well keep posting those jokes. I just laugh and enjoy making fun of the situation we find ourselves. I think Jack is wonderful. I don't think he looks like a zombie. Its a very cute rug though. I am so sorry another hook in was cancelled. I really wish I could hook like you. I hope you have a great day.