Sunday, March 8, 2020

Springing Ahead ~



I know some of you are not too happy today, but I love springing ahead :)  (Except for losing an hour's sleep . . . lol.)  An extra hour of daylight is good for my psyche after the long winter, even though this one has so far been quite mild.

I am finally done with Antique Floral.  It is ready to bind ~ but that will take a while.  I am so happy to have the hooking done.  I definitely am not a fan of hooking antigodlin style, though I do love the look.  Started last April at Great Lakes Rug Hooking Retreat in a class with Tricia Travis, I wanted to have it done before camp at the end of next month.  Mission accomplished :)  (Well . . . except for that darn binding but that WILL be done.)

I have taken countless pictures in many different rooms trying to capture the true colors.  I played with settings.  This picture is too dark . . . 


. . . and this one is way too washed out.  I guess the true color is somewhere in between.  I give up.  UNCLE :)


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

NMK said...

I am so Happy to Spring ahead too !! Love more daylight at the end of the day & I get so much more accomplished ! Your rug is Beautiful !!!

denise said...

I dread this time of year.Allergies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prims By The Water said...

No matter what the light it is still a beautiful rug. Congrats on completing it! Janice

Saundra said...

It is still beautiful and agree it is terrible to get true colors of a rug even in natural light. Job well done.

marly said...

Love that design and higgedly piggedly style. Beautiful.

Hope this weather continues, Cleveland next week. Probably be the only snow day in a month.

Leonora said...

My husband and I just commented last night on how we much prefer "springing ahead" than "falling back" : )
Your antique floral is gorgeous!

WoolenSails said...

I can usually tell what it looks like by the way mine come out, rugs are so. hard to get and they always look better in person.
Your rug is beautiful.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...so one thing we DON'T have in common...Grrrr....I HATE DSL.... always have and always will. Like the famous Native American said... Only a white man can chop off one end of a blanket and sew it on the other and think he has a longer blanket LOL. And seriously...that rug is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. And so perfectly imperfectly hooked. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

Absolutely gorgeous rug! Daylight savings time is a PIA...the daylight would get here eventually...lol! Though, I do admit it is energizing to be able to get outside in the yard after work and enjoy some fresh air! :-)

Three Sheep Studio said...

Springing ahead is wonderful and wish it would stay that way !
Your rug is gorgeous !
Rose

Jennie in GA said...

This rug may be my favorite of all you have hooked.

basketsofwool said...

I love your hooked rug! I too, am not a fan of that style of hooking, but love the look!
It certainly is going to feel like summer here today in North Carolina as our high is suppose to be almost ninety, we skipped spring all together.
~Cammie