Sunday, March 24, 2019

Busy, Busy ~


Ernestine was over today helping celebrate March birthdays.


Son, grandson and brother all were born in the month of March.  (Me, too.)  Jake is getting so tall.  Hard to believe he is 14.  My family is very small so it is wonderful to get together.  


Not much creative has been going on, but I do have a few finishes to share.  This is the Anna B sampler by Pineberry Lane.  I changed it to the Julia A. sampler.  Julia was the hostess with the mostest who I just visited in South Carolina.  


Her maiden initial is A and she would have been 10 in 1957 so I just subtracted 100 years.


Sweet little needlebook, a freebie Rebekah L. Smith pattern in the December 2014 issue of Early American Life.  I reduced the size of the pattern and added a little bone button closure.  Closed, it measures about 4 1/2" x 5 1/2"


Inside, a needle flap and open heart pocket.


Finally pulled the last loops on Pearl and Earl a couple weeks ago and have not even had the time to steam it or pull any other loops.


I have been crazy busy making silverplate jewelry.  Melissa and I vended at a hook in yesterday (more on that in another post) and I also delivered jewelry that will be at a rug camp store in Ligonier, PA, in a few weeks.  We are also vending at two more hook ins and From Our Hands Creative ~ all in the next 4 weeks.  One of the hook ins involves two days (due to travel) and throw in a 4 day rug camp I am attending (yippee) and I just may be trying to do too much ~ but I am loving every minute (well, almost) of it.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful new pieces, always love prim stitcheries and your rug is wonderful.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

I too enjoy working on various types of handwork. Right now I am hooking and doing some crossstitch projects. None of mine are as cute as yours tho. Good luck with your vending and hope you will share pictures.

Broken leg is healing and I started PT on Friday. Sew anxious to get back to mobility.

acorn hollow said...

wow look at you vending at all those shows!! Good for you but lots of work I am sure.
Happy Birthday to all you March babies.
cathy

Saundra said...

Yuah, those grands sure do grow up fast don't they? My 15 year old grandson is a little over 6' and taller than his dad.

Such a cool gift to your hostess changing the sampler to suit her and Pearl and Earl look great too and you know hooking is my favorite craft.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday to all your family and you too. There's nothing like having the family in one location. Wow, you are busier than when you worked for pay. I'm loving my retirement but I'm not hooking lately. I really don't need another rug right now but I can't wait to start gardening outdoors. I love that puggy face.

Hugs, Julia

woolwoman said...

Happy Belated - I think I remember sending you a FB birthday greeting - I've been away from blogland for so long I had a bunch of posts to catch up on. Sounds like your trip to SC was glorious. I love the low country of South Georgia and South Carolina. My area NE FL is just an extension of that with a few differences. I love the sweet grass baskets and their makers are so talented with a tradition steeped in history. The photos from your friends in SC are awesome. How nice Cindy Lou went to a new home with a buddy to play with. I know it's hard but you are so dedicated to do this. Congrats on your finishes - Pearl and Earl is cool and I love the RKS wool applique. Wish I had time for more of that but when?????
good luck with your shows - I always think you are the luckiest girl in the world with so many rug hooking opportunities. Cheers mel

Margaret said...

Happy birthday to everyone! I love seeing all your projects. So pretty!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wowsers....not many finishes you say?? Well, I sure do know where to come if I want to feel more inadequate than I already do LOL.... I am not sure which of those three I love the best....they are all just beautiful! Pearl and Earl is amazing...and how I love that little needle book!!! Gah! Happy Birthday March babies (we are the best ya know).... Seems like Jake grew up right before our very bloggy eyes. Would love to be close enough to join in on a camp sometime....maybe I will check in with Cathy and see if she has anything planned here.... I think you should come vend if she does. I have a guest room you know. ;-) Robin

The Eveningstitcher said...

Happy Birthday to you and your family...we've had six birthdays this month as well....June-July must have been busy months way back when...just sayin'! Your finishes are beautiful. Good luck with all your shows...will be seeing you in April!!

Prims By The Water said...

Happy Birthday to you and your family members. Your stitching looks so nice and of course so does your rug. Hope you hae fun doing all of things you stated. Wish I had the free time to do things like that...some day. Janice

Farm Girl said...

You have been busy! Such a nice bunch of pictures, and you have nice looking men in your life. Your rug is awesome as is your counted cross stitch.
I am so glad you are having such fun. Have a great day.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your finishes are beautiful !
You are a very busy one with finishes and shows and traveling...
Always a treat to bring the family together. Your grandson is
becoming a young man. Nice to see all the boys together !
Rose