Sunday, March 17, 2019

Edisto Island


I just returned from three glorious days on Edisto Island, South Carolina.  It was so nice to feel 70* warmth.  To see the ocean.  To meet old friends I'd never met 😊
Julia and I have been blog friends for many years.  Same with Jennie from Georgia.  Julia's friend Cathy, also from Georgia, joined us.  That is Cathy on the left, followed by Julia trying to hide, Jennie and yours truly.


Julia's "low country" cottage.  It was a delightful place to stay.  So much eye candy.  Guess who never got around to taking any pictures inside?


Wonderful to see the Atlantic Ocean.  We walked the beach several times.


Spanish moss.



The woodpecker's sure did like this tree.




Jennie (www.overthehillandrunning.blogspot.com) gave me a crash course in blogging from my iPad.  (I can't figure out how to add a link.)  Had I been smarter, I would have done a post while with her.  I just thought I'd write a few things down and all would be well.  NOT!  I've been struggling with this post for an hour or two.  Then decided to try on my iPhone.  Well, that was going ok but then I got stuck and somehow deleted that whole post.  ARGH!  Am I making it more difficult than it really is?  Anyway, I have lots more fun stuff to share but after fighting with my iPad, I am brain dead.
EDITED:  After I published the post, I had to go back to my desktop.  Somehow the photos were not sized correctly (see below)and only half the photo showed up on the post.  I had to delete those photos and add them from the desktop.  ARGH again.  I may never figure out how to blog from a mobile device.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs,
Lauren

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like a wonderful place to have a retreat and it looks like a wonderful group of ladies.

Debbie

Jacqueline said...

Good luck with the blog post from your mobile gadgets . I am technologically challenged . I did enjoy meeting your “new” friends and seeing the pictures

acorn hollow said...

How wonderful you are meeting your blog friends. Looks like a very fun time was had.
Cathy

Julia said...

There is so much I don't know about my iPhone since I'm so tech challenged, but one of the features I like is the voice texts. It's so quick.
How exciting that you got to meet with your blog friends and one of them is also called Julia. It sounds like a nice getaway and I'm so jealous that you spend some time at the beach in 70℉. weather, lucky girl.

Take care, I hope this is going to be a fabulous week for you.
Hugs, the other Julia




Prims By The Water said...

I have no clue how to blog from my phone. I only learned how to take pics on it late last year. Good luck.Wonderful cottage and so nice to be able to meet new blogging friends. I love how the Spanish moss is all over the Southern Oaks. Janice

Saundra said...

I have a dumb phone, not a smart one, lol. So there's no doing a blog post from anything other than my PC or, if I ever learn how to....fro my iPad. But sounds like you are having some issues still. I've considered changing from a Blogger blog to another venue but then I'd lose all my data for people to search.

Farm Girl said...

What a nice trip. What a beautiful place to visit. I am so glad you got to go for a visit.
Lovely house.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’ve never been there but I love the Carolinas. We lived in NC.
The pics look super! I bet you did have a blast! It’s so good to get
away too.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I thought it had been a while since we had heard from you.... I usually don’t consider my selfish completely technologically challenged...but I can’t even get full posts to display correctly on my iPad....tried just editing a post from there and it woiuldn’t even cooperate in that regard... Not even going to bother with the phone. I have to blog from my pc. Period. Great little getaway for a bunch a pretty ladies...That “cottage” is amazing. Dang you...I would have loved to see some “inside” photos. And 70 degrees??? Really??? I kinda sorta forgot what that would even feel like. Hope you soaked up some rays for me. Happy Birthday Week GT.... ~ET~

Thresa said...

Love, Love spending my Winters in South Carolina. Maybe you and your "Special" friend can visit us next Winter. We love our South Carolina life in Noeth Myrtle Beach.

marly said...

What a wonderful cottage! A few days on the beach in the warmth had to feel SOOO nice!!

Margaret said...

Looks like a wonderful time! And how nice to see a pic of you with your friends! I'm not sure I've ever seen a picture of you. :D I have no clue how to post to my blog from anywhere other than my computer. lol! Good luck with that!

Jennie in GA said...

I am thinking that perhaps pics taken from your phone have to be posted from your phone to size correctly, but I only know enough to get us in trouble. It was wonderful getting to meet you in the flesh:-)

Judy in Missouri said...

I switched to Wordpress from bloglovin for that reason. Their app is designed for mobile devices.